College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

39 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Whether he deserves to or not, he's going to be the first OT taken.

I don't think we can trade down even a single spot and expect to get the OT we want.

#4--Giants (TAKING AN OT)
#6--Chargers (COULD TAKE AN OT AFTER THEY BRING IN CAM)
#8--Cardinals (TAKING AN OT)
#9--Jaguars (COULD TAKE AN OT)
#11--Jets (TAKING AN OT)

So we can't afford a trade down. If we trade down, we aren't getting one of the 4 superstars. We'll be praying that Ezra Cleveland can become a starting LT rather than getting someone with much more polish and readiness.

@candyman93, you might be right about Becton being too big for Berry's board, but I wouldn't disqualify him from being our selection. He's an elite mover, which is what the ZBS prioritizes. We haven't really seen this kind of size and speed at OT in the NFL. It's unprecedented.

We have no idea how the draft will play out but IMO I wouldn’t touch Becton in the top10. I hope he is the first to go because it betters the Browns’ chances that Wills or Thomas can be there at 10. Still would have loved to see Becton run the 3cone and Short Shuttle to see how quick he is and how well he moves going different direction. Especially for a dude of that size. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Idk why @buno67 keeps touting him as the #1 T prospect.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/ which I usually go with has him as the 15th overall prospect and 4th T.

because I think he is the best. I didnt say media and other say he is the best. Also people are drooling over combine performance. I rather go after the prospect who has proven it on the field for 3 straight years at a big time program, playing in big time games with stellar technique. Wirfs started 30+ games at Iowa and still had very sloppy technique. He relies way too much on his athletic ability. That truly wont get you that far in the NFL at that positions. Becton is the size of a house but yet he never dominated like he should have in the weaker ACC. If the most impressive aspect is your 40 time for a man yourself, I would consider that a red flag. Also you can say that is a flawed ranking, with a lot of media outlets are projecting Wirfs as a guard

Edited by buno67

Grant Delpit is an elite cover safety. I know he missed some tackles this season, but the dude is a stud in coverage. He can blanket TEs and even cover traditional WRs in roll down man-man situations. Plus he has elite ball skills, size, and speed. His breaks on the ball for his size is unreal. 

If Delpit were there in the 2nd, you have to take him. Plus us moving to more of a man scheme means less space tackling for the DB’s, theoretically. 

15 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Grant Delpit is an elite cover safety. I know he missed some tackles this season, but the dude is a stud in coverage. He can blanket TEs and even cover traditional WRs in roll down man-man situations. Plus he has elite ball skills, size, and speed. His breaks on the ball for his size is unreal. 

If Delpit were there in the 2nd, you have to take him. Plus us moving to more of a man scheme means less space tackling for the DB’s, theoretically. 

He miss some tackles? Believe the stat was he missed 25% of his tackle attempts. Dude was prolly one of the worst tacklers in college last year. 

18 hours ago, bruceb said:

Idk why @buno67 keeps touting him as the #1 T prospect.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/ which I usually go with has him as the 15th overall prospect and 4th T.

If that's his guy, that's his guy. None of us know for sure on any of these guys 

29 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

With what he can do on the back end, the elite instincts and ball hawking. I could stomach his supposed tackling issues in a heart beat....

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

With what he can do on the back end, the elite instincts and ball hawking. I could stomach his supposed tackling issues in a heart beat....

I be more concerned on why Delpit absolutely stopped wanting to tackle. Dude was better 2 seasons ago. Why the drop off?

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

He miss some tackles? Believe the stat was he missed 25% of his tackle attempts. Dude was prolly one of the worst tacklers in college last year. 

And one of the best the year before. He had a crappy year as a run stopper. Luckily we aren’t drafting him to play linebacker. We would be drafting him to play FS and play the deep middle. 

You can find big flaws with every prospect taken outside of the top 10. Winfield is small and injury prone. Chinn is unproven and played against terrible competition. Same for Dugger, plus he’s pretty stiff. 

You aren’t getting a complete safety in this draft. Pick your poison. I’m good with any of these guys, but I’m targeting Delpit and Winfield in that order. One of those guys should be our 2nd round pick. The need and value makes perfect sense in R2. 

• Like 1