College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

Florio and Schefty are at it again. They tried to argue delaying free agency. Now they want to delay the draft. *** clowns.

To do a draft, you need 3 people in the room: Owner, GM, and Head Coach. You *might* need your director of scouting / player personnel. We would probably include Depo.

Just do it on a phone and computer.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-nfl-draft-inside-the-war-room-20150418-htmlstory.html

Edited by candyman93

42 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Florio and Schefty are at it again. They tried to argue delaying free agency. Now they want to delay the draft. *** clowns.

To do a draft, you need 3 people in the room: Owner, GM, and Head Coach. You *might* need your director of scouting / player personnel. We would probably include Depo.

Just do it on a phone and computer.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-nfl-draft-inside-the-war-room-20150418-htmlstory.html

In their defense bro

its not about can you pick players

its about Medicals and background 

you can’t talk to these dudes, can’t have your doctors look at them, can’t be exposed to players you might not have before for example at pro days, you can’t bring them into your building to see how they are with your coaches 

if you operated a business would you want to higher your top people without bringing them in for an interview? 

if you were smart you would.  Every smart GM should want it postponed. Now will it happens no, but should GMs want more time to do their jobs? Yes they should  superbowls are decided on the draft. Livelihood for player, coaches, and families are dependent on the draft.

you pick the next Justin Gilbert because you didn’t get a chance to interview him? That’s yo *** and you may never get that chance again. 

If your Miami who has the most picks in the draft and tanked just for this opportunity you should want every opportunity you can get.

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, brownie man said:

In their defense bro

you can’t talk to these dudes, can’t have your doctors look at them, can’t be exposed to players you might not have before for example at pro days, you can’t bring them into your building to see how they are with your coaches 

if you operated a business would you want to higher your top people without bringing them in for an interview? 

if you were smart you would.  Every smart GM should want it postponed. Now will it happens no, but should GMs want more time to do their jobs? Yes they should  superbowls are decided on the draft. Livelihood for player, coaches, and families are dependent on the draft.

you pick the next Justin Gilbert because you didn’t get a chance to interview him? That’s yo *** 

You bring up a great point, but there's no guarantee it will be viable even in July. Postponing the draft doesn't guarantee that he happens any differently. This coronavirus thing could be going for a long time. Postponing the draft until it's a non-issue might mean waiting God knows how long.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

You bring up a great point, but there's no guarantee it will be viable even in July. Postponing the draft doesn't guarantee that he happens any differently. This coronavirus thing could be going for a long time. Postponing the draft until it's a non-issue might mean waiting God knows how long.

Oh yeah I definitely get that. I definitely think it should go on. But if you want to think about HOW SHOULD GMs look at it. We should want them to have more time. 

should I want Andrew Berry to want to have as much time and information possible to do his job as best as possible. Yes 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

In their defense bro

you pick the next Justin Gilbert because you didn’t get a chance to interview him? That’s yo *** and you may never get that chance again. 

If your Miami who has the most picks in the draft and tanked just for this opportunity you should want every opportunity you can get.

They’ve had an entire year, maybe even longer to evaluate these guys.

@Mind Character I'm finally ready to give you my OT synopsis/rankings:

1. Wills: He's the most polished and fundamentally sound, he's played in a hybrid Pro Style offense, and his tape is close to immaculate. My concerns with him going forward are that he's physically "maxed out" and likely won't get stronger and will likely never be a "mauler" in the run game. IMO he's gone at #10 and I think you're living in a fantasy land wanting him at #10.

2. Thomas: He's got arguably the highest floor, played in a Pro Style offense, his work ethic and "mean streak" are legendary, and his punch/strength is superb. He's solid in pass pro, and if he can figure out his balance in the run game/finishing, then he's going to be a dominant OT. He's my pick at #10 as I think he will be there

3. Wirfs: He's an elite athlete, comes for a perfect offensive system in Iowa, and even if he's a "bust" at OT, I think he's a Pro Bowl caliber OG.

4. Becton: I don't see it. His height/weight combination and build terrify me, especially at the LT position. I think that he's a poor man's Mount McKinnie. He's the one guy that I just plain DO NOT WANT us to draft, and if given the option of him or a position player, I'd go position player for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

They’ve had an entire year, maybe even longer to evaluate these guys.

You know these teams can’t check players medically during the season right?

or interview players during the season right?

all you can do is watch film and go to games 

you do know that they can’t do anything besides that right?

so you can do all the evaluation you want but if you bring a guy in and find out he has a tear or something that could’ve happened during or after the season that could dramatically effect whether you draft him or not  which is why they do medicals at the combine  

you know they do medicals at the combine right?

and you know not every player draft can attend the combine right? 

and some players who had certain issues may heal more by draft time right? 

cmon man I know that you understand the football offseason better than the average fan man I know you do cmon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

You know these teams can’t check players medically during the season right?

or interview players during the season right?

all you can do is watch film and go to games 

you do know that they can’t do anything besides that right?

so you can do all the evaluation you want but if you bring a guy in and find out he has a tear or something that could’ve happened during or after the season that could dramatically effect whether you draft him or not  which is why they do medicals at the combine  

you know they do medicals at the combine right?

and you know not every player draft can attend the combine right? 

and some players who had certain issues may heal more by draft time right? 

cmon man I know that you understand the football offseason better than the average fan man I know you do cmon 

You realize people talk, right? Why do you think rumors and BS get leaked about prospects?

Do you think Berry and company don’t have connections with the coaching staffs of these players?

You realize people can skype interviews right? It’s what they’re doing right now.

If teams are truly that terrified about a guy having a rip, don’t draft him. They have a built in excuse if they make a mistake.

GMs are getting a completely free pass for this offseason. 

56 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I dont think so. I was listening to the radio a few days ago and they were talking about GMs have to truly try and be as prepared as possible for this draft. That if they draft a dude say in the 3rd and he cant be cleared because of a medical issue, they might cost  that GM or high ranking scouts job. If you are not certain the dude is healthy, you prolly shouldnt draft him.

This draft is going to set a spectrum IMO. Its going to make some GMs look really bad by over drafting a guy or drafting a dude who might have a major medical red flag and on the other side, it might allow some teams to get a steal of a player later in the rounds. 

This might be a draft where we look back and scratch our heads on why so many great players were drafted in the later rounds 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

You realize people talk, right? Why do you think rumors and BS get leaked about prospects?

Do you think Berry and company don’t have connections with the coaching staffs of these players?

You realize people can skype interviews right? It’s what they’re doing right now.

If teams are truly that terrified about a guy having a rip, don’t draft him. They have a built in excuse if they make a mistake.

If your a GM you don’t want your job decided based off of rumors or not. 

it’s not that simple. If your Miami for example and you trade up for Tua and all this outside medical stuff is wrong that’s your ***. 

You just spent the last two years tanking for assets and you spend them all and his hip isn’t what you thought and maybe if you could’ve had your doctors look at him you would’ve found an issue. If you get they wrong you’ve wasted assets and that’s your job and maybe career as a GM. Most guys won’t get a second chance to be a GM. 

Your about to spend millions of dollars on guys and you can’t even shake there hands and meet them in person. That’s crazy. And these GMs should want more time 

38 minutes ago, brownie man said:

If your a GM you don’t want your job decided based off of rumors or not. 

it’s not that simple. If your Miami for example and you trade up for Tua and all this outside medical stuff is wrong that’s your ***. 

You just spent the last two years tanking for assets and you spend them all and his hip isn’t what you thought and maybe if you could’ve had your doctors look at him you would’ve found an issue. If you get they wrong you’ve wasted assets and that’s your job and maybe career as a GM. Most guys won’t get a second chance to be a GM. 

Your about to spend millions of dollars on guys and you can’t even shake there hands and meet them in person. That’s crazy. And these GMs should want more time 

If you’re Miami and you’ve had MONTHS to check in on Tua and you didn’t, that’s on you.

Also, rumors are how trades form.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If you’re Miami and you’ve had MONTHS to check in on Tua and you didn’t, that’s on you.

Also, rumors are how trades form.

dog you dont really think Teams can do medicals on players before the combine do you?

you know that they can't right

you know teams cant touch players until after the combine right? Theyve got to do it on the visits 

you do know that right?

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

dog you dont really think Teams can do medicals on players before the combine do you?

you know that they can't right

you know teams cant touch players until after the combine right? Theyve got to do it on the visits 

you do know that right?

Jesus Christ

I’m done. Keep responding, I won’t see it.

Edited by candyman93