College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

New entry on the all-my-guy first team: Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest.

Sees it early, fantastic recognition, sees beyond the traffic and instinctively flows to where he needs to go with suddenness and requisite reactive athleticism, and offers a lot of sideline to sideline ability.

He lacks functional strength, nastiness, and too often can get absorbed by OLineman moving to the 2nd level.

6th to 7th round gem.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

New entry on the all-my-guy first team: Justin Strnad, LB Wake Forest.

Sees it early, fantastic recognition, sees beyond the traffic and instinctively flows to where he needs to go with suddenness and requisite reactive athleticism, and offers a lot of sideline to sideline ability.

He lacks functional strength, nastiness, and too often can get absorbed by OLineman moving to the 2nd level.

6th to 7th round gem.

Could you say, Kai Nacua-esque?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So.... is that a yes or....??

It's hard to know really. Mind is a racist, though--not judging--and legit believes that'll do for a Nacua gif because--his words, not mine--"close enough".

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

We need a tall linear LB that can cover TE's and play SAM, not another WILL. I don't see that guy in this class outside of Simmons to be honest. Not a great LB class for SAM's. Decent for MIKE and WILL's.

You don't think Troy Dye could be decent in that role?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

We need a tall linear LB that can cover TE's and play SAM, not another WILL. I don't see that guy in this class outside of Simmons to be honest. Not a great LB class for SAM's. Decent for MIKE and WILL's.

Takitaki could play SAM and Mack can play mike or will. Mack will be groomed to be our Mike im guessing.

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So.... is that a yes or....??

13 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

It's hard to know really. Mind is a racist, though--not judging--and legit believes that'll do for a Nacua gif because--his words, not mine--"close enough".

I'm Derpaphobic and a Sheeple-aphobe.

Your beloved internet regional Grandwizard @penisies will be distributing your medical grade hoods which shall double as N95 masks in these trying times during your public "They took our jobs"/ "We built it"/ "Wirfs is a Guard" candle/torch-lit gathering.

When King Kai Nacua returns, you lost bastards may beg for his mercy but he's not a forgiving King.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Takitaki could play SAM and Mack can play mike or will. Mack will be groomed to be our Mike im guessing.

Oh Christ I hope not. Mack Wilson is terribad at taking on blockers. And Takitaki isn’t going to cover anyone, that’s my fear. He’s got the body type, just lacks the coverage prowess. Hopefully he steps up. 

41 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I'm Derpaphilic and a Sheeple-ophile.

Your beloved internet regional Grandwizard @penisies will be distributing our medical grade hoods which shall double as N95 masks in these trying times during our public "They took our jobs"/ "We built it"/ "Wirfs is a Guard" candle/torch-lit gathering.

When King Kai Nacua returns, you lost bastards may beg for his mercy, but he's not a forgiving King.

tl;dr I loved Kai Nacua in the new Jumanji movies, but his best work is in the acclaimed Marky Wahlberg HBO docuseries, "Ballers"

Thank you. We're counting on you to help preserve some statues in the south.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If we trade and land Trent Williams, I could see a trade down being likely to happen.

It would be an entirely defensive draft.

Think we still would draft our future LT and an interior OL.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Think we still would draft our future LT and an interior OL.

Maybe an interior OL, but I think we’d pass on a LT and draft Trents replacement in 2 years.

I think Trent can play until he’s 35.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If we trade and land Trent Williams, I could see a trade down being likely to happen.

It would be an entirely defensive draft.

I’ll take this 1 step crazier. If we sign Trent Williams, I think a guy like C.J. Henderson from Florida would be a target in a trade down.

Vikings placed a heavy value and emphasis on CBs. Joe Woods in Denver had 3 stud CBs.

• Like 2