College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just a small piece of news that got swept under the rug. Sione Takitaki says he will be playing WILL and not MIKE. So either Mack Wilson plays MIKE or we need to add a MIKE.

Oooof.

Either Mack Wilson needs to be a backup WILL/beat out Takitaki, or we need to draft 2 LB. Mack Wilson at MIKE or SAM spells absolute disaster. Asking a guy who struggles at the point of attack to take on more blocks and set the edge against pulling guards, inserting H/Fullbacks, and fitting ISO? That sounds awful.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Oooof.

Either Mack Wilson needs to be a backup WILL/beat out Takitaki, or we need to draft 2 LB. Mack Wilson at MIKE or SAM spells absolute disaster. Asking a guy who struggles at the point of attack to take on more blocks and set the edge against pulling guards, inserting H/Fullbacks, and fitting ISO? That sounds awful.

It’s weird. Why not play Sione at SAM and Wilson at WILL...?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

It’s weird. Why not play Sione at SAM and Wilson at WILL...?

I personally don't think Sione is anything more than a guy who can be a situational SAM/EDGE rush hybrid. His basic "football instincts" are extremely lacking/raw, whereas Mack has great football instincts and sideline to sideline ability with solid coverage skills to boot, but gets manhandled. I don't get it.

Just now, NateDawg said:

Weak side bench. That’s where I’m hoping Takitaki is playing by the end of this draft. I haven’t seen anything to this point to indicate that he is starting caliber linebacker yet.

Eh he was just a rookie, hard to be too critical.

Remember when guys like Erving and Corbett struggled as rookies?  I’m sure he’ll be just fine like those guys.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Remember when guys like Erving and Corbett struggled as rookies?  I’m sure he’ll be just fine like those guys.

I think he has the upside to play, but I’m not just going to put him in the starting lineup in ink based off of him being a very meh reserve last year. Maybe he turns out, maybe he doesn’t? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I think he has the upside to play, but I’m not just going to put him in the starting lineup in ink based off of him being a very meh reserve last year. Maybe he turns out, maybe he doesn’t? 

That’s pretty much it for now. Maybe he develops and is good, maybe he’s just not good.  He can’t be penciled in as a starter though imo.

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

well one is a superbowl champ and one is not. so 50/50chance...I like those odds