College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

On 9/17/2019 at 12:49 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He just turned 23.  He’s likely younger than some of the prospects that will be in next year’s draft.

Let’s see what he does the rest of the year.

The ability is there, we just need to see more consistency.

I know people talk about how young he is all the time, but after three training camps there should have been more development in his game. I would of expected his blocking to at least be serviceable by now

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s been 3 games guys.

The first half of the season might be rough, but the second half looks peachy.

Just keep your head above water through the rough stretch and them dominate the bum teams.

No need to lose our ish yet.

At least we have a pretty good defense and special teams to bank on B|

• Like 2

Dorsey has not done his job this off-season if a concentrated effort isn’t put in to the OL. Truth be told, there has been real digression so far in some areas of Mayfield’s game. I am specifically referring to his lack of comfort in the pocket as one of those areas. He has really only started one full season to this point. People need to keep in mind that he is still a young quarterback who should be in a developmental phase, and he needs to keep improving his overall game. As good as he was last year, the expectations surpassed the year 2 timeline. As we know better than anyone as Browns fans, the worst thing for a young quarterback’s development is allowing him to be uneasy dropping back to pass constantly. He seems uneasy enough that he also appears to be struggling reading what he has in coverage due to being preoccupied. I feel to an extent that our front office took for granted Mayfield’s general style of play and might have felt based on last year that the offensive line was not the priority that it probably should have been. We are learning a hard lesson. Hopefully the front office gives Baker what he needs, and some of these tendencies continue to get ironed out. 

• Like 1

First mock offseason

Offseason:

Browns resign Joe Schoebert and Damarious Randall.

Browns don’t release anybody. Maybe Chris Hubbard. They have 63 million in cap space next offseason. I could see them keeping Kirksey 1 more year.

Draft:

1. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

2. Solomon Kindley, G, Stanford 

3. Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri 

4.  Leki Fotu , DT, Utah

4. Tommy Kraemer, OT, Notre Dame

6. Mitchell Wilcox, TE, South Florida 

7. Myles Dorn, S, North Carolina 

7. Reggie Floyd, S, Virginia Tech

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

I’m all for keeping Randall and Schobert if the money is there. I’m just not sure how they are going to justify hanging on to Christian Kirksey though. Two straight years with him on injured reserve. We are also going to have pretty much a full season of playing a rookie at the position. I think there is a very, very small chance he is back unless he takes a massive pay cut.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

First mock offseason

Offseason:

Browns resign Joe Schoebert and Damarious Randall.

Browns don’t release anybody. Maybe Chris Hubbard. They have 63 million in cap space next offseason. I could see them keeping Kirksey 1 more year.

Draft:

1. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

2. Solomon Kindley, G, Stanford 

3. Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri 

4.  Leki Fotu , DT, Utah

4. Tommy Kraemer, OT, Notre Dame

6. Mitchell Wilcox, TE, South Florida 

7. Myles Dorn, S, North Carolina 

7. Reggie Floyd, S, Virginia Tech

I get the idea but we’re not keeping 4 rookie OL.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

I’m all for keeping Randall and Schobert if the money is there. I’m just not sure how they are going to justify hanging on to Christian Kirksey though. Two straight years with him on injured reserve. We are also going to have pretty much a full season of playing a rookie at the position. I think there is a very, very small chance he is back unless he takes a massive pay cut.

If he gets cut,  he will be in the league on vet min.