College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

7 hours ago, candyman93 said:

First mock offseason

Offseason:

Browns resign Joe Schoebert and Damarious Randall.

Browns don’t release anybody. Maybe Chris Hubbard. They have 63 million in cap space next offseason. I could see them keeping Kirksey 1 more year.

Draft:

1. Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

2. Solomon Kindley, G, Stanford 

3. Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri 

4.  Leki Fotu , DT, Utah

4. Tommy Kraemer, OT, Notre Dame

6. Mitchell Wilcox, TE, South Florida 

7. Myles Dorn, S, North Carolina 

7. Reggie Floyd, S, Virginia Tech

Really like Andrew Thomas I think he goes too 5 though

• Like 1

This is obviously way too early so I went with more of an all interesting name team, combined with guys I think might be available when we draft as well as some needs I think we have.

Albert Okwuegbunam, TE Missouri

Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

Calvin Throckmorton, G/OT, Oregon

Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma

Alex Leatherwood, C/G, Alabama

Shyheim Carter, S/CB, Alabama

Keisean Lucier-South, OLB/DE, UCLA

Chase Young and Jeff Okudah are going to be the next OSU rookie monsters in 2020.  We won't pick high enough for either one of them.  Just saying, since I know lots of Buckeye fans are also Brownies.  I think Young could be better than both Bosas and Okudah is going to do the same type of stuff as Denzel and Marshon. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Chase Young and Jeff Okudah are going to be the next OSU rookie monsters in 2020.  We won't pick high enough for either one of them.  Just saying, since I know lots of Buckeye fans are also Brownies.  I think Young could be better than both Bosas and Okudah is going to do the same type of stuff as Denzel and Marshon. 

Young doesn’t seem like the type to make “business decisions” like the Bosas did. That alone makes me feel he will have a better career than them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Young doesn’t seem like the type to make “business decisions” like the Bosas did. That alone makes me feel he will have a better career than them.

Well the Bosa's have a dad that played a few years in the NFL, so he might have a bit of insight that led to their decisions.

As Young gets closer to making decisions about his future, he might end up making similar decisions.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

what was Joey's business decision? Nick had that injury and it made sense tho. Cant blame Nick tho, he wasnt fixing that tOSU defense last year

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Joey apparently isn’t one to play unless he’s %100.

That’s the rumor anyway...

were talking about college career arent we? joey played in every game he was possibly able to in his last two years.

NFL is a little different but the dude has been dealing with injuries in his early career. I bet you his dad prolly tells him to make sure you are health. Dont try to play through every injury because that could do worst damage. Im pretty sure Father Bosa career was disappointing because of injuries. I think thats why Joey and Nick have treated their injuries in such a way

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

were talking about college career arent we? joey played in every game he was possibly able to in his last two years.

I think it was more of a general comment.

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

NFL is a little different but the dude has been dealing with injuries in his early career. I bet you his dad prolly tells him to make sure you are health. Dont try to play through every injury because that could do worst damage. Im pretty sure Father Bosa career was disappointing because of injuries. I think thats why Joey and Nick have treated their injuries in such a way

Yeah, probably so.  He knows this is a business and they’ll discard you when you’re no longer of use to them so make sure you’re ok physically.

I'm preparing to start digging in on CFB prospects for December.

IMO to get to the next level this team needs the following:

1.) Premium Speed Boundary WR that commands defensive attention and gravity

2.) An all everything speed, physical force, ball-hawking Hybrid Safety, 

3.) LT/RT/RG (I think Forbes is going to be our RG of the future),

4.) An Impact Blocking-Receiving TE (I still believe in Njoku and RSJ looked good in limited opportunities; Baker thrives in offenses with big play TEs,)

5.) A starting quality CB prospect in the even that Greedy and/or Denzel Ward continue to struggle with injury issues.

---------

Anyone have a few TEs, Safeties, or WRs that have caught your eye this season?? (I'm not referring to the Big names like Albert O or whoever unless those players have even elevated their play.. in that case I 'll check them out again too.

Edited by Mind Character

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

I'm preparing to start digging in on CFB prospects for December.

IMO to get to the next level this team needs the following:

1.) Premium Speed Boundary WR that commands defensive attention and gravity

2.) An all everything speed, physical force, ball-hawking Hybrid Safety, 

3.) LT/RT/RG (I think Forbes is going to be our RG of the future),

4.) An Impact Blocking-Receiving TE (I still believe in Njoku and RSJ looked good in limited opportunities; Baker thrives in offenses with big play TEs,)

5.) A starting quality CB prospect in the even that Greedy and/or Denzel Ward continue to struggle with injury issues.

---------

Anyone have a few TEs, Safeties, or WRs that have caught your eye this season?? (I'm not referring to the Big names like Albert O or whoever unless those players have even elevated their play.. in that case I 'll check them out again too.

Safeties I've read good things about.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/09/25/2020-nfl-draft-prospect-kyler-dugger-interview/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/kyle-dugger-a-d-ii-diamond-for-the-nfl-draft

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/myles-dorn-has-pedigree-and-potential-to-be-nfl-starter

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/fcs-friday--jeremy-chinn-is-the-nations-best-kept-secret

Wide Reciever 

TYLAN WALLACE, WR, OKLAHOMA STATE

If there was a debate before, there is no debate now; Tylan Wallce is one of the best deep threat players in all of college football. After a season where he recorded over 1,400 yards and more than 17.0 yards per catch, Wallace has upped his game this year and currently leads the entire country in yards per catch at now a monstrous 23.65 YPC.

JALEN REAGOR, WR, TCU

The 5-foot-11, 195 pounds speedster Reagor hasn't been unleashed yet this year, but watch any of his highlights from last year and you'll see what he can do when he gets the ball in his hands.

Reagor is a speed demon. He can really set up defenders to look silly. His diverse route tree makes him a perfect candidate to use all over the field. He is also a freak athlete who jumped 26 feet in the long jump in high school.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/sun-devil-star--brandon-aiyuk-has-huge-nfl-upside

Edited by Horseunit
  • Like 2