College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

32 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Why is it a lock Denzel and Baker will get contract extensions?

You're WAY too quick to get rid of consistent players in exchange for players who have sucked *** / been injured.

Ward at 26 will be better than juice at 31. Not an outrageous take.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Butthurt over the LSU cash give-away, watch wearing, white shoes wearing when they should be dark shoes, near cop butt smack are we?

I wonder how you would've felt if you were instead a fan of the teams that Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, and Michael Irvin.

Relax man.

He's committed no crimes nor done anything truly terrible.

He's a young rock star who's had women and even grown men worshiping him since he was 19 years old. Some humans struggle with maturity through those times, and he definitely has.

Let him get healthy and let him ball out for the Browns for at least a season. Sit back and enjoy it.

Everyone's highly motivated... It's going to be a good season.

I’m cool with OBJ so long as his commitment is there. Needs to put in the extra work to gain chemistry this off-season and show up to the mandatory meetings on time. The stuff you listed doesn’t matter to me. If he’s aloof about what I mentioned, it’s another issue.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Let’s hope people really love the QB’s.  3 in the top 9 would be great.  

Start the run on receivers too.

I think it's extremely likely 3 QB's go before we pick. And at least 1 of the WR's.

Burrow QB
Young DE
Thomas OT
Okudah CB
Jeudy or Lamb WR
Brown DT
Simmons LB
Tua QB
Herbert QB

Plus, one of the DE's is going to push themselves up into that range with the NFL Combine methinks.
Gross-Matos
Okwara (My guess...dude is explosive and twitched)
Epenesa
Kinlaw (DE/DT)

If one of those dudes has a great combine (one of those is likely, at least), they'll vault.

• Like 1

Guys I'd anticipate being gone at 10 when we pick FOR SURE:

2 QBs: JB and Tua...if we could somehow get some team to draft Herbert too that would be awesome

DE: Chase Young

CB: Okudah

WR: Jerry Jeudy

That's 5 guys who are absolute LOCKS to be gone by the time we pick, 6 if a team reaches on drafts Herbert.

From there, I personally believe after his last two games, Simmons is GONE. 6-4, 230 pound athletic freak hybrid that can play OLB, S, slot, and a game changer vs. the run, setting the edge, and in pass coverage.

Derrick Brown is a Top 5-10 talent at 6'5 and 315-320 with production to match as a DT at Auburn, but he MAY fall to us at 10.

Jedrick Wills as an OT from Alabama is a guy who may fall to 10 or may get gobbled up depending on how people feel about Andrew Thomas, OT from UGA. Both are 6-5 and 320, and Wills is a dominant run blocker who improved in pass protection as a Junior, and while he played RT, it was Tua's blindside. I personally prefer Thomas, as his combination of strength and athleticism, combined with experience as a RT and LT in more of a "Pro Style" offense, combined with 41 games as a starter, make him a "Day 1 starting OT" in my opinion.

Hopefully people start making a run on guys like Lamb and Dalpit, as I'm terrified we draft Dalpit, who I think is as overrated of a S/DB prospect as I've seen in a LONG time. On top of his overrated play, his effort is consistently "meh" at best in pursuit, and that's not what we want or need.

Guys I'd take aside from OT if they fell (at least have a realistic chance at falling to 10...Chase Young isn't falling anywhere, neither is Okudah) are Simmons and Brown.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Derrick Brown is a Top 5-10 talent at 6'5 and 315-320 with production to match as a DT at Auburn, but he MAY fall to us at 10.

If he does, you almost have to take him. He's my #2 rated overall prospect in the draft behind only Chase Young.

He'd be the cure for a lot of our defensive woes, as he's an elite run stopper and a very good interior pass rusher.

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

If he does, you almost have to take him. He's my #2 rated overall prospect in the draft behind only Chase Young.

He'd be the cure for a lot of our defensive woes, as he's an elite run stopper and a very good interior pass rusher.

I can’t see passing on one of the tackles, especially Thomas if he’s there, for a DT.

He’s great, but the tackles are great prospects as well and we have a glaring need for not one, but two of them.

Our DT situation has 2 viable starters in place.

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can’t see passing on one of the tackles, especially Thomas if he’s there, for a DT.

He’s great, but the tackles are great prospects as well and we have a glaring need for not one, but two of them.

Our DT situation has 2 viable starters in place.

Yeah, I'm staying put at #10 and not trading down if both OT's are there in Wills and Thomas. To put it in perspective, check out the chart here:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

I'm almost always in favor of trading back (LONG LIVE the WAR CHEST!), but the value to trade back 1-2 spots and still "get your guy" is the equivalent of a 5th and 6th round pick, and that's not worth not getting your guy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, I'm staying put at #10 and not trading down if both OT's are there in Wills and Thomas. To put it in perspective, check out the chart here:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

I'm almost always in favor of trading back (LONG LIVE the WAR CHEST!), but the value to trade back 1-2 spots and still "get your guy" is the equivalent of a 5th and 6th round pick, and that's not worth not getting your guy.

Agree completely.

If you see a 10 year starter at LT, you take them and move on.

• Like 1