College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

5 hours ago, Horseunit said:

@NudeTayne I was just reading an article similar to the sentiment in your last post about the high probability of the Browns trading down and out of this draft in order to not be in salary cap hell and restocking with cheap rookie deals for 2021 and 2022. It's an interesting read https://dawgpounddaily.com/2020/01/18/cleveland-browns-will-punt-2020-nfl-draft/ I personally am not a huge fan of this concept but I can see some logic behind it.

Yeah, not agreeing the premise the article either. Not buying that we can't be ready for the draft because we fired Dorsey. If we are there at 10 and see one of the offensive linemen(/pass rushers? 🤔) as blue chip, we take him. Otherwise can see trading down but not for the reasons in the article.

If a game changer isn't sitting there at ten then trading down, especially for at least an extra second if not a first, seems prudent.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I said fletcher cox

inguess either one would be ok 😂

He is a little more Cox than Suh. Suh had unreal jarring power with his hands. Brown has great power, but Suh may never me matched. 

My point was that Brown is the best DT prospect since Suh in my opinion. I think he’s that kind of impact player. If he’s there at 10, it’s crazy not to take him given how awful our run defense has been. 

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

2 firsts plus for essentially a luxury pick?  

I’ll pass.

Maybe if we had viable starters at S, LB and OT as well as any young talent at WR or TE outside of our starters.

A superstar DE is not a luxury pick. You have to play 2 of them. We need another pass rusher. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

A massive amount of complete unknowns for a guy universally believed to be a future superstar. I’d at least consider it. 

I kinda agree with you. Were basically trading a couple of unknowns for a single unknown but this unknown we would be trading up for is labeled as a stud prospect. If Stef is any good, the picks being traded wont have the chance to be stud prospect. Browns might potentially be trade a top10 and other lower picks if Stef works out and Young and Garrett destroy

Free Agency:

Resign Joe Schobert

Resign Greg Robinson

Resign Damarious Randall

Release Olivier Vernon

Release Christian Kirksey

Sign Anthony Harris from Minnesota

Draft:

1. Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa

2. Raekwon Davis, DT, Alabama

3. Lucas Niang, OT, TCU

3. Jon Runyan, OG, Michigan