College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

25 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Ugh

Have a feeling Epenesa is going to be excellent, but he's not likely to shine at the combine and looks like more of a true LE. He seems more like a 15-25 range. In a trade down, could live with it. 

What would you do if Wirfs and Thomas are off the board? Trade down? How far, and who are the players you'd be targeting?

OT with quick nimble feet and smarts

Tristan Wirfs

Prince Tega Wanogho

Hakeem Adeniji

Ben Bartch

Yasir Durant

OG/C same thing as OT's

Nick Harris

Netane Muti

Cesar Ruiz

Matt Peart

Matt Hennessy

These are the Lineman I would be looking at for executing a zone-blocking scheme.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Which offensive linemen would be perfect for for our zone run?

Which highly-rated linemen should we street clear of due to fit?

@BleedTheClock @DaWg_LB. @Mind Character @Horseunit @big poppa pump @pnies20 @therealwiseman @DawgX @Bonanza23

For ZBS I’m going with...

Wirfs

Wills

Hunt

Throckmorton

Peart

Tega Wanagho 

Jackson

Jones

Edited by therealwiseman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

We need some impact defensive players.  My preference is wirfs...but if he and thomas are gone....those 2 fit the bill

I think Simmons is going to struggle at first in the NFL. 

Edit: let me rephrase that... Simmons will require good coaching and play a niche role in the NFL at first. He’s not going to be a full time starter at LB and I also feel that some think he’s going to come in and start at S, which he’s not.

Edited by pnies20

14 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Edit: let me rephrase that... Simmons will require good coaching and play a niche role in the NFL at first. He’s not going to be a full time starter at LB and I also feel that some think he’s going to come in and start at S, which he’s not.

I look at epenesa as a poor man's jj watt.  His floor is solid, and his ceiling is watt level.  

I do worry about what position Simmons will play in the nfl...but he is great at covering tight ends..and nice as a blitzer.  You are correct that he will need to be in a good system with good coaching.

23 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

5 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I look at epenesa as a poor man's jj watt.  His floor is solid, and his ceiling is watt level.  

I do worry about what position Simmons will play in the nfl...but he is great at covering tight ends..and nice as a blitzer.  You are correct that he will need to be in a good system with good coaching.

I feel like a guy like Simmons is an easy fit.  He’s a second level defender, call the position whatever you like.

He can run, cover TE’s, blitz, etc.  Maybe he’s not perfectly suited to taking on fullbacks in the hole (hardy har), but it’s not like he’s some 210 pound safety or something, he’s 6’4” 230lbs.

I think he’s a perfect fit in the modern NFL.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I feel like a guy like Simmons is an easy fit.  He’s a second level defender, call the position whatever you like.

He can run, cover TE’s, blitz, etc.  Maybe he’s not perfectly suited to taking on fullbacks in the hole (hardy har), but it’s not like he’s some 210 pound safety or something, he’s 6’4” 230lbs.

I think he’s a perfect fit in the modern NFL.

Simmons is going to be such a thorn in the side of offenses. He won't need to leave the field against literally any formation or situation. He's going to be good, despite not playing a true S position.

He's literally the PERFECT candidate to play 4-3 SLB in the NFL. I don't think you could design a player that fits better.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

all the Isaiah Simmons lovers out there my question to you is can this man.

Isaiah Simmons

Become this?

Image result for sean taylor miami

Sean Taylor was and will always be one of my favorite players of all time. 

Im in the never take a safety on the 1st unless they are troy, ed, or sean types, which is hard to predict because it is a crap shoot.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Agreed. And I think it's a totally unfair question. They don't even play the same position. Simmons is going to be a LB who covers TEs and rushes the passer, not a traditional SS.

Right?

Maybe he plays a box nickel position or something at times, but he’s a LOS player, not a FS ffs.