College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

9 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Kinlaw's a better prospect than player at this point.

I agree. But he's a hell of a prospect. He doesn't always play hard and he doesn't know how to use his hands efficiently yet. But man, is he a physical beast. Reminds me exactly of Chris Jones coming out of Mississippi State. Like...exactly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

We absolutely NEED a guy like that.

If we are looking for someone that can double as a FB/TE, we need to get Josiah Deguara from Cincinnati.

I also want Thaddeus Moss from LSU. The dude can block his nuts off.

UC has a good history of solid all around TE play too.

Moss is super young and raw, but he's a great blocker, athletic, and young and still has a lot of "baby fat", but his frame and athletic upside is outstanding. Throw in his pedigree/genes, and I'd roll the dice on him. I was surprised to see he was rated the "8th best" TE in the class with the system he was in and his production, especially in the end of the year.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I was surprised to see he was rated the "8th best" TE in the class

I agree. He's going to be a stud. I'd take him in the 3rd round and run away laughing.

#10--Wirfs or Wills or Thomas  OT
2nd--Biadasz OG or Muti OG or Becton G/T
3rd--Moss TE or Parkinson TE
3rd--Willekes DE or Garvin DE
4th--Gilman SS or JR Reed SS
6th--Bandy CB
6th--Bassey CB
7th--Worship FB or Ross FB or Deguara H/FB

that's what I'd do. I'd grab one of our OT's in free agency, a backup QB in FA, a #3 WR in FA, DT depth in FA, and a S in FA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I agree. He's going to be a stud. I'd take him in the 3rd round and run away laughing.

Absolutely. I'd double up on Conklin via free agency and role the dice on the medical. The only guy I'd consider outside of any of those OT's is Simmons, because I think he's like a bigger OLB/Swing version of Derwin James.

Hard to argue doubling up on OL here. I wouldn't mind some type of S though, as I'm admittedly high on Winfield at S here...albeit if we could swing him R3 so be it.

We need a 2nd TE, and I'd personally re-sign Seals-Jones as that guy to go with Njoku as an insurance policy, while keeping Moss/Parkinson as our hybrid guy this year and hoping he can do BOTH 2nd TE/hybrid in his second year, especially with Seals-Jones walking and/or Njoku.

6th--Bandy CB
6th--Bassey CB

that's what I'd do. I'd grab one of our OT's in free agency, a backup QB in FA, a #3 WR in FA, DT depth in FA, and a S in FA.

The rest I don't necessarily argue with, but I really want a big bodied WR D3. We have major Red Zone size issues and it would give us flexibility to move Landry/OBJ/Njoku around all over the place there IMMEDIATELY.

13 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

These are my targets.

I’d hope to address the defense, but another stud OL isn’t a bad idea.

Need one of those.

Dunno anything about Garvin, but Willekes looks like a decent reserve end.

6th--Bandy CB
6th--Bassey CB

Bassey is intriguing.

Don’t ever refer to him as anything other than D!ck Worship again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Kinlaw's a better prospect than player at this point.

I really don't get what that means, he performed on the field pretty well, he flashed in big games, he's in his correct gap the majority of the time, he is usually the first guy off of the ball. He pretty much does everything positionally that he is supposed to do, I just wish he ran the ball and uses his hands a little more.

Do you mind expounding on your statement

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 3:11 AM, BrownLeader said:

He's faster, stronger and uses leverage a lot better than Mingo but does have some of the same stiffness and lack of moves/experience.

IMO, he plays smaller than 6-4 250, but that's just me, I'm not as high on him as others

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I really don't get what that means, he performed on the field pretty well, he flashed in big games, he's in his correct gap the majority of the time, he is usually the first guy off of the ball. He pretty much does everything positionally that he is supposed to do, I just wish he ran the ball and uses his hands a little more.

Do you mind expounding on your statement

IMO, he plays smaller than 6-4 250, but that's just me, I'm not as high on him as others

Elite physical tools but not as consistently impactful as those tools say he should be. He's often high and getting driven back or getting tied up 1 on 1 by inferior guys, but also shows rare initial quickness, strength and athletic ability.

Chaisson certainly looks smaller than 6'4 250. He's getting thrown around every now and again, but more often he's got a strong initial punch and can hold his ground against bigger guys. His issue is flexibility and overall strength. He struggles to finish even when he wins with his quickness/speed. Technique and strength on the edge are coachable but I also think he may not be just an edge guy. I think he could be a good off ball LB too. He's like a faster Kyle Van Noy to me.

• Like 1

I took a closer look at Mekhi Becton last night. He's freaking good. He isn't mentally able to pick up exotic pressures every time, but the dude moves so well for his size. I think he could absolutely play in a ZBS despite being close to 370. He's also a nasty blocker when engaged. He'll destroy your soul if he's locked onto you.

I wouldn't even be mad if we took him at #10 to be honest.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I took a closer look at Mekhi Becton last night. He's freaking good. He isn't mentally able to pick up exotic pressures every time, but the dude moves so well for his size. I think he could absolutely play in a ZBS despite being close to 370. He's also a nasty blocker when engaged. He'll destroy your soul if he's locked onto you.

I wouldn't even be mad if we took him at #10 to be honest.

Imagine letting him burn some of the weight off and getting him to 330 ish?

I think he’s in play at 10. @TheeRealDeal loves him.