College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No way they get a 1 or 2 before the draft.

Or after, from us.

Peters as a 1-2 year rental while we groom a replacement looks much better in comparison.

At least he has been on the field for the last 2 years.

8 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

What is wrong with Becton as a player? The only thing you can say about him is that he's really big and it might wear on his knees and that he didn't take all that many traditional pass sets at Louisville. It's not like when he did take traditional pass sets he was bad.

And Wirfs is a raw OL prospect. But he's young, is a hard worker, and clearly has the physical talent to learn the technique. His minor flaws are easily correctable.

I'm all on the Andrew Thomas train as well, but let's not kid ourselves. It's very hard to find stud OT's in the draft anymore. These kids are as good as you're going to get coming into the league. All 4 of them. I think you're nitpicking things on these guys and failing to realize how terrible the top OT's in previous classes really were. 

He was bad tho with those traditional pass sets for a guy being touted as a potential OL1. Dude took close to 100 less pass set compared to Thomas and Wills and gave up about twice as many pressures

I believe Wirf started 32 games at Iowa. This past season he was still having some pretty poor technique. Issues with feet, hips, and shoulders that a lineman who shouldn’t be making That deep into his career. His freakish athletic ability allowed him to make up for it. Think he is a better fit at guard than tackle. 

giving Wills or Thomas. I believe they are the best OL to come out of the SEC in a long tIme. I usually hate Bama tackles too. Jonah Williams was overrated as hell. Glad he went to Cincy

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

Skins talked to Peters today with no deal, but did show interest. 

‪Draft: Trade Pk10 For Pk14 & Pk45‬

‪Pk14 Kinlaw ‬

‪Pk41 Cleveland ‬

‪Pk45 Malik Harrison‬

‪Trade Pk 74 For Trent Williams ‬or Tyron Smith

‪Pk97 WR your choice ‬

‪Pk115 Safety your choice 

Imagine putting Kinlaw next to Trex..

Edited by BiscuitBrown

26 minutes ago, BiscuitBrown said:

Skins talked to Peters today with no deal, but did show interest. 

‪Draft: Trade Pk10 For Pk14 & Pk45‬

‪Pk14 Kinlaw ‬

If we are getting our left tackle in a trade, give me the top defensive guy to slip to 10 when tackles and QB's go early: Brown or Okudah or Simmons. Or give me a big trade-down.

26 minutes ago, BiscuitBrown said:

‪Pk41 Cleveland ‬

‪Pk45 Malik Harrison‬

🤒🤧😷

‪Trade Pk 74 For Trent Williams ‬or Tyron Smith

‪Pk97 WR your choice ‬

‪Pk115 Safety your choice 

Imagine putting Kinlaw next to Trex..

Why pick Cleveland then? To play guard? 🤔 You don't think we can get Tyron Smith for a 4th?...

Edited by NudeTayne
*socially distances from Malik Harrison at 45*

22 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

If we are getting our left tackle in a trade, give me the top defensive guy to slip to 10 when tackles and QB's go early: Brown or Okudah or Simmons. Or give me a big trade-down.

🤒🤧😷

Why pick Cleveland then? To play guard? 🤔 You don't think we can get Tyron Smith for a 4th?...

I think Jerry would give us a discount considering his relationship with Haslam however idk if Jerry would give away a 7x pro bowler/3x all pro who’s just 30 years old for a 4th. He might be our best option since he wouldn’t be looking for a new deal with 3 years left on his contract like Trent.

The top defensive guys will likely be gone by pick 14 therefore we snag a 6’6 340lbs DT who led the nation in pass rush efficiency. Larry O isn’t a true nose tackle(at best average to below average) and likely will be gone next year. Richardson could be a cap casualty after this year so DT will be a major priority moving forward. 

Cleveland has set his market as the second most athletic tackle in the class. Let him sit behind a pro bowl veteran and get in the weight room. 

boom there you have it! 😁

Edited by BiscuitBrown
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How about Redskins 2021 3rd and Trent for 41? I think the Skins would pull the trigger on that one.

I just don’t think it makes a lot of sense for the Browns to trade for Williams at this point, why trade a 2 and pay Williams 20 mil per when at 10 you can get a top tackle prospect on a rookie deal and use that 2 to fill a hole at safety or LB

Edited by BrownsDog23
  • Like 3

Just now, BrownsDog23 said:

I just don’t think it makes a lot of sense for the Browns to trade for Williams at this point, why trade a 2 and pay Williams 20 mil per when at 10 you can get a top tackle prospect on a rookie deal 

Because at 10 you likely have Simmons available (50/50 shot) and the Top 3 OTs gone. You’ll probably have Becton there but he’s not quite as good as people think he is. 

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Because at 10 you likely have Simmons available (50/50 shot) and the Top 3 OTs gone. You’ll probably have Becton there but he’s not quite as good as people think he is. 

I’d say the chance that Simmons is there is less than 50/50. I could see Matt Patricia falling in love with his versatility. Chargers might take him if they sign Newton, and I’d be shocked if he got past Carolina.

23 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I just don’t think it makes a lot of sense for the Browns to trade for Williams at this point, why trade a 2 and pay Williams 20 mil per when at 10 you can get a top tackle prospect on a rookie deal and use that 2 to fill a hole at safety or LB

The defense needs a lot of pieces. If we solve the OT issue in free agency then we can dedicate a premium pick to more positions of need perhaps in a trade down. 

Plus we have the cap space to front load the deal. 

Edited by BiscuitBrown

3 minutes ago, BiscuitBrown said:

The defense needs a lot of pieces. If we solve the OT issue in free agency then we can dedicate a premium pick to more positions of need perhaps in a trade down. 

Plus we have the cap space to front load the deal. 

The only top defensive who I think has a chance to be there at 10 is Derrick Brown and even that seems unlikely, I see the draft going 

1. Burrow

2. Young

3. Tua

4. OT probably Becton 

5. Okudah 

6. Herbert

7. Simmons

8. Wirfs

9. Brown

At this point the top remaining players would be Wills, Thomas, and the 3 top WRs. So now the either take WR, reach for Kinlaw or trade down. I rather just take a OT at 10 and use that cap space elsewhere