College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

don’t disagree, but it’s a tough spot to toss an unproven rookie out there at and expect he play well.

Well they threw in a known bust and got some serviceable reps out of him. I would believe one of the top tier tackles would have a lot better technique than Robinson. Robinson is still one hell of an athlete for a man his size but his technique is just so bad and so inconsistent

You’d think, but they’re gonna need a viable alternative.

I do like Liam a lot and maybe they bump him over for full time RT or they make Forbes the RT but who knows

Dunno what the market would be for him.  He’s solid, but nothing great.  It really sucks Corbett has been so gawdawful.

Corb has been such a head scratcher. You would think at worst he could have been a serviceable back up damn. The way he plays now is nothing like he played in College. It’s not even the talent aspect of who he is going up against but in college he had a nasty streak and you don’t see that at all. He also had great hands coming out and his hands now are pretty garbage. 

I think they might give him this season since he is the back up center but he might be the the preseason roster cut down victim next year.  

3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

So I guess we are looking at Oline, TE’s and Safteys this college season as our main needs for the next draft. TE being a back up who can help block 

If the need is a back up TE who is needed to block, that isnt really a need or something we need to scout. That s FA TE

I also think Ricky Seal Jones could be a very solid back up for what he be asked from him. At least Freddie knows him a little bit from their'17 season together in Arizona

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just knowing Dorsey’s style, guarantee we draft offensive line in 2020.

Yeah it’s not a matter of *if*, it’s a matter of how many and when.

Based on what I’ve seen so far I’m good with double dipping in rounds 1 and 2.  I don’t want to overreact, but I see one long term piece on this line and a whole question marks.

Maybe Robinson can hold down LT for another season or two and we resign Tretter for another year or two, but RG and RT are wide open.

Corbett being a turd as opposed to the better than average player you’d expect for an interior OL drafted at 33 really hurts.  Maybe Forbes develops but I’m not risking Baker’s health on the hopes of a 5th rounder.