College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

28 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Linebacker. We need a superstar LBer that can cover up some of the mistakes that get made in gap fits.

If I knew anything about football, I'd argue that it's a scheme dependent need and I don't trust Wilks to be here next year. But I don't so I won't. 

Edited by Reginaldm9
dlajd

23 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Isaiah Simmons?

I don't think he's a SUPERSTAR. He's a very good OLB prospect, but he can't galvanize a defense and bail out other defenders at the level that a guy like Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner can. I don't know if anyone in the draft this year is that kind of guy though to be honest. Those game changing linebackers are incredibly rare. I'd trade some picks to get Kuechly if we could swing that deal with Carolina somehow. I know he has a bad injury history and is getting up there in age, but he's exactly what this defense needs.

8 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don't think he's a SUPERSTAR. He's a very good OLB prospect, but he can't galvanize a defense and bail out other defenders at the level that a guy like Luke Kuechly or Bobby Wagner can. I don't know if anyone in the draft this year is that kind of guy though to be honest. Those game changing linebackers are incredibly rare. I'd trade some picks to get Kuechly if we could swing that deal with Carolina somehow. I know he has a bad injury history and is getting up there in age, but he's exactly what this defense needs.

Depending on the price, I would be all for this

• Like 2