College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I wanna trade up for Andrew Thomas somehow

Will cost a lot as he's going top 4. That's why I've been trying to make the case that Wills is the guy we should target. He'll go 6-12. We'll probably have the 14th pick. That's more realistic. And he's just as good of player as Thomas if not better at this point with Thomas just being the absolute freak of nature.

10 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Just straight up nasty

Netane Muti has been one of my favorites to watch over the last few months and will be in my top 5 updated big board.

He has an extensive injury history which I think could push him to the 20s but that's where it will end because he's just too special.

Oddly enough, Muti's tape last year as a Left Tackle was exceptional as well and I wouldn't be shocked if someone tries him there. He also can play Center at a high level.

In my dream of dream drafts, we somehow lose to the Bengals and end up with the 8th overall pick. We then trade that pick to the Raiders or Dolphins for 2, 1st round picks. Then, we magically are able to draft both Jedrick WIlls Jr AND Netane Muti. Then, trade our extra 3rd and 2nd round pick to get up in the 2nd high enough for Prince Tega Wanogho, Josh Jones, or Terrance Steele.

That would fix our OLine for the next decade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Wirfs has great athleticism tho. His technique is sloppy, but he can move like a LT. 

He does. He’s so strong and nasty that he likes to overpower folks and demolish people at the POA. He’s ALWAYS at the 2nd level also. He just loves to hit. I love him.

Just now, candyman93 said:

I feel like we will draft whoever is the most athletic OT at the combine that can also pass block. Just a gut feeling we don’t want maulers.

If we keep Freddie, yeah. But hopefully the next coach see that Chubb and Hunt are what will open up everything else to work.

• Like 1

If we draft around 12-15 and don't trade I would like something like the following:

A.J. Epenesa EDGE Iowa

Prince Tega Wanogho OT Auburn

Trey Adams OT  Washington

Shyheim Carter S Alabama

Paddy Fisher LB Northwestern

Antoine Winfield Jr. S Minnesota

Cesar Ruiz G Michigan

While I think we need a TE I do not see anybody in this class that impresses me too much at a spot we could get them.