College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

I think what changed is the responsibility of being head coach.  Creativity takes mental space, time, relaxation and sleep.  Head coaches have too many demands, especially first year head coaches who are implementing new systems.  There is no structure to fall back on.  Add to the fact that Freddy has not been calling plays for years and years, so he didn't have trusted tried and true system to fall back on that he could change up with a creative spark. 

I like Freddy as a person and really wanted him to succeed, but there was too much on his plate.  Terry Pluto has been saying he does not delegate enough, again a mistake of many new to management.   Can he make changes in the off season or his next coaching stop who knows.   

Listening to the radio today and the guy on made a great point. The browns made the wrong hires at the wrong time. 

freddie would have made the perfect coach for a tanking team cause there would be no expectations and it could have given Freddie room to grow and develop. Hue should have been a coach for a team with expectations. He was the vet kind of coach this team needed. The tank ruined Hue and the expectations ruined freddie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh you think they know the defense ahead of time?

We all knew what would happen if Freddie called that play at that moment, based on the team we have and how they have been 🤷. Freddie seems to have an "if it's broke, don't fix it" mentality.

Source: Tayne has seen enough of Freddie wasting Baker's development.

Edited by NudeTayne
110% certain even mwil would be raving about Baker if we had had strong coaching on offense/play calling this season.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

We all knew what would happen if Freddie called that play at that moment, based on the team we have and how they have been 🤷. Freddie seems to have an "if it's broke, don't fix it" mentality.

Source: Tayne has seen enough of Freddie wasting Baker's development.

Per your edit, I hope you all are right and essentially spent all of 2018 and the entire 2019 offseason admitting I was wrong.

After this season, I am turning on anyone who didn’t show up to play or coach. Baker deserves credit for last year and a good bit of blame for this year. Those who want to bury their heads in the sand and give him all the credit for last year and not blame him when he regressed and excuse him based upon coaching should re-evaluate why they have that stance.

Turnovers, poor presnap reads, the inability to read a full field, slow getting through progressions, and poor pocket awareness show he wasn’t as far along as everyone thought he was. All this despite having arguably the best RB in the NFL and a pro bowl WR to go with a shiny new toy in OBJ.

The fact that coaches and OL didn’t help are also on them big time. There’s plenty of blame to go around and I’m starting with Baker and Freddie and also blaming Dorsey for burying his head in the sand with our OL situation.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Per your edit, I hope you all are right and essentially spent all of 2018 and the entire 2019 offseason admitting I was wrong.

After this season, I am turning on anyone who didn’t show up to play or coach. Baker deserves credit for last year and a good bit of blame for this year. Those who want to bury their heads in the sand and give him all the credit for last year and not blame him when he regressed and excuse him based upon coaching should re-evaluate why they have that stance.

Turnovers, poor presnap reads, the inability to read a full field, slow getting through progressions, and poor pocket awareness show he wasn’t as far along as everyone thought he was. All this despite having arguably the best RB in the NFL and a pro bowl WR to go with a shiny new toy in OBJ.

The fact that coaches and OL didn’t help are also on them big time. There’s plenty of blame to go around and I’m starting with Baker and Freddie and also blaming Dorsey for burying his head in the sand with our OL situation.

Chris_Farley_air_quote.gif

Edited by NudeTayne
😂 Merry Christmas, grumpy gus.

16 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh you think they know the defense ahead of time?

No, I know that "half the line is getting blown up" regular ly.

Oh, and btw, I do not think they have a clue re the defense; on the other hand, I think the defense knows the offense ahead of time.