College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

Ok so I was able to watch the Kent st vs Utah st bowl game today. Mainly to watch Love play. No doubt he’s a good qb. But he’s not a 1st rounder. He’s lucky he’s entering in an awful qb class. Ok now a guy I am slightly impressed with?  Dustin Crum. Dude balled out big time. If he’s not on scouts radar before this game he is now. If he stays another year he’s gonna get some eyes on him. Oh and congrats to you Golden Flash fans that was one heck of a win!

Also watched Washington vs Boise st game. Why trey Adams is on anyone’s radar is beyond me. Cat has slow feet and WILL get beat by speedy rushers.  Ezra Cleveland on the other hand is noticeable. Cleveland for Cleveland. Curtis Weaver is also on my I need to watch more list. He’s dumpy looking but he plays hard. Boise st has a guy named Whimpey. I honestly don’t know if I like Eason. There’s talent there, just don’t know if he can handle the complexity of the nfl 🤔

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Why trey Adams is on anyone’s radar is beyond me. Cat has slow feet and WILL get beat by speedy rushers.  Ezra Cleveland on the other hand is noticeable. Cleveland for Cleveland. Curtis Weaver is also on my I need to watch more list.

Trey Adams is buttcheeks. I've been trying to tell people everytime I see him mocked to us in the 2nd or wherever. He's always on the ground. He is extremely athletically gifted and will blow up the combine in terms of straight linear athleticism but he is tremendously uncoordinated during actual gameplay with pigeon-toed sloppy feet.

Ezra Cleveland has some games where he looks like a 1st rounder and other games where he looks like JAG 5th or 6th rounders. With a little more horizontal movement juice, he'd be a early 3rd or late 2nd round guy. As is, he's probably a 4th round guy. 

It's funny because Trey Adams and Ezra Cleveland will likely be drafted around the same area in the draft; however, I'd take Cleveland by a longshot b/c his impact on the next level is clear while Adams' is all based on some potential projection.

Curtis Weaver is this year's Charles Harris, Kamalei Correa, Nate Orchard and/or Hau'oli Kikaha; that is, a high production college DE with intangibles, good hands, and instincts to get to the QB in college, but ultimately won't amount to any real impact in the league.  In each case, teams should've drafted players from other positions that would more readily make an impact.

11 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Trey Adams is buttcheeks. I've been trying to tell people everytime I see him mocked to us in the 2nd or wherever. He's always on the ground. He is extremely athletically gifted and will blow up the combine in terms of straight linear athleticism but he is tremendously uncoordinated during actual gameplay with pigeon-toed sloppy feet.

Ezra Cleveland has some games where he looks like a 1st rounder and other games where he looks like JAG 5th or 6th rounders. With a little more horizontal movement juice, he'd be a early 3rd or late 2nd round guy. As is, he's probably a 4th round guy. 

It's funny because Trey Adams and Ezra Cleveland will likely be drafted around the same area in the draft; however, I'd take Cleveland by a longshot b/c his impact on the next level is clear while Adams' is all based on some potential projection.

Curtis Weaver is this year's Charles Harris, Kamalei Correa, Nate Orchard and/or Hau'oli Kikaha; that is, a high production college DE with intangibles, good hands, and instincts to get to the QB in college, but ultimately won't amount to any real impact in the league.  In each case, teams should've drafted players from other positions that would more readily make an impact.

All of this....

but the worst of it all Is the dude is in a perpetual body cast.

• Like 1

E. Michigan has a LT and LG worth watching as late picks. They’ve been good all year against lesser competition but they were very solid against Pitt tonight.

Nielsen is the LT - They say he’s 6’7 310. He didn’t look that tall. I’m going to guess a tad over 6’6. He’s a senior. From Denmark.

Sidy Sow is the LG - he won’t be coming out this year but could be a solid pick in a few years. 6’5 320. From the QC.

• Like 1