College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Heading into today Denver's strength of schedule was 6th and ours was 8th. 

I think with us losing to the Bengals and them playing the Raiders that means that even if the Broncos lose we'd get the higher pick. 

So, it looks like 10th overall is the floor.

If somehow the Cardinals win, our pick would be 9th overall.

Whether the Broncos won or not didn't matter as they had a higher strength of schedule.

When the Cardinals lost we secured the 10th pick at that moment.

2 hours ago, Mind Character said:

2020 Off-Season 1st Round Mock Draft 1.0:

1.) Bengals  --- Joe Burrow, QB LSU

2.) Washington --- Chase Young, DE Ohio State

3.) Detroit --- Jeffrey Okudah, CB Ohio State   

4.) Giants --- Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia

5.) Dolphins --- Tua Tagovailoa, QB Alabama

6.) Chargers --- Tristan Wirfs OG/OT, Iowa     

7.) Panthers --- Jedrick Wills Jr., OT Alabama

8.) Jaguars --- Kristian Fulton, CB LSU                                                      

9.) Cardinals --- CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma

10.) Browns --- AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa // Netane Muti, LT/OG Fresno State

-------

Trade 10th and our 3rd round pick to get Wills, Wirfs, or Thomas.

If not, trade it to make sure we get AJ Epenesa.

Trade up again from our position in the 2nd round to get Prince Tega-Wenagho, LT Auburn at the top of the 2nd or bottom of the 1st. 

1st Round Pic k(Trade Up if We Must): Jedrick Wills Jr, OT Alabama // Tristan Wirfs, OG/OT Iowa  // Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia // AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa

2nd Round Pick (Trade Up if We Must): Prince Tega-Wenagho, LT Auburn // Shane Lemieux, OG Oregon // Netane Muti, OG Fresno State // Julian Okwara, DE-Convert Notre Dame // Javon Kinlaw, DT South Carolina // One of the 10 WRs with Pro-Bowl Upside

47 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Whether the Broncos won or not didn't matter as they had a higher strength of schedule.

When the Cardinals lost we secured the 10th pick at that moment.

Trade 10th and our 3rd round pick to get Wills, Wirfs, or Thomas.

If not, trade it to make sure we get AJ Epenesa.

Trade up again from our position in the 2nd round to get Prince Tega-Wenagho, LT Auburn at the top of the 2nd or bottom of the 1st. 

1st Round Pic k(Trade Up if We Must): Jedrick Wills Jr, OT Alabama // Tristan Wirfs, OG/OT Iowa  // Andrew Thomas, LT Georgia // AJ Epenesa, DE Iowa

2nd Round Pick (Trade Up if We Must): Prince Tega-Wenagho, LT Auburn // Shane Lemieux, OG Oregon // Netane Muti, OG Fresno State // Julian Okwara, DE-Convert Notre Dame // Javon Kinlaw, DT South Carolina // One of the 10 WRs with Pro-Bowl Upside

Would not be opposed to a trade up, I need a damned tackle. I’m tired of “all the damned time Baker has to throw”. 

• Like 1

So now that we have secured the 10th pick I think I've whittled who I want down to these 5 players.

Granted it depends what we do in free agency, but based on needs and positional value these are my top 5 guys in order.

1. Andrew Thomas - OT - Georgia - Both skilled in Pass Blocking and Run Grading.  Has the ability to Maul defenders, and is not as skilled in pass blocking yet, has the athleticism and feet and IQ to pick it up.  I love him as a prospect and think if hes available or if we could trade a 3 to move up i would take him in a heartbeat.

2. Tristian Wirfs - OT - Iowa - I see him as 1B in the left tackles available.  He played mostly right tackle in college but he has the skills to be a left tackle.  Even if we keep him at RT it matters less and less in the NFL and GREATLY improves our line.  He is also a run grader and I think we need more of that with Chubb on our team for years.

3. Derrik Brown - DT - Auburn - A player to play along side Sheldon Richardson is the perfect skill set to be the NT on the team.  He is 325 and has a great first step for a DT.  He is also very good at shedding blocks and getting to the ball carrier.  We need some help defending the run on the D-Line and hes the guy, while adding to the pass rush.  He will push guys in the face of the QB to let Garrett fest behind.  We have more need for a OT, and I doubt Brown will be there at 10, but if he is he would be hard to turn down.

4. AJ Epenesa - DE - Iowa - I think he is the perfect compliment to Garrett.  He has a great bull rush and plays the run very well.  Hes not much of a speed rusher but doens't need to be with his power and developing moves.  He could hold down the other DE spot on the line for years opposite Garrett.  Getting a DE high in the draft while we are still high int he draft isn't a bad idea either.

5. Grant Delpit - S - LSU - This is the superstar defensive back who can play FS, SS, NCB and sometimes linebacker.  Hes athletic and has incredible instincts.  We are assuming we are losing Damerious Randall anyway, He will be able to step right in and greatly improve the defensive backfield.  I could see him playing either safety position for us.

Long story short, I am hoping that one of those 5 players fall to us.  I think its pretty good with Chase Young DE, Jerry Jeudy WR, Jeffery Okudah CB, Joe Burrow QB and Tua Tagoviloa QB all probably being drafted before us also.

Interesting food for thought while everyone's thinking about head coaches.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I don't think i would...we should get a great player at 10 without giving up assets.

Yeah. My guess is we end up with two OT tiers, 2-3 guys who go top 10-15 and then 2-3 guys who go 15-35. It's a hell of a group this year, I think we can get one of the top trio still at #10.

12 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Yeah. My guess is we end up with two OT tiers, 2-3 guys who go top 10-15 and then 2-3 guys who go 15-35. It's a hell of a group this year, I think we can get one of the top trio still at #10.

I like Thomas and wirfs...but man...to get epenesa..and a tackle that falls to rd2 would be nice.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

I like Thomas and wirfs...but man...to get epenesa..and a tackle that falls to rd2 would be nice.

Yeah, it's on FA to me. I am one of the biggest BPA guys on here. But our current OT situation can NOT support a true playoff contender. So unless we trade for and/or sign multiple OTs in FA, I'm gonna be concerned if our first round pick isn't an OT.