College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just leaving this here. This is “my guy” of the 2019 draft. I’d love to just sign some guys like Bulaga and Brandon Scherff. I don’t want a bunch of rookie offensive linemen.

Trade up to get him.

Lets just draft all Hawkeyes this year 🤤 

Okay fine we can draft a few buckeyes too... 🙄

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Just leaving this here. This is “my guy” of the 2019 draft. I’d love to just sign some guys like Bulaga and Brandon Scherff. I don’t want a bunch of rookie offensive linemen.

Trade up to get him.

This video made him look very slow but very technical.

Lots of nfl talent on display tonight.

PSU vs Iowa

Florida vs LSU

Alex Leatherwood of Alabama is really growing on me. I like Yasir Durant too. He could be a early round steal. This class has some really good LT potential.

Edited by candyman93

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just a theory of mine. Saying you’re a guy in charge of scouting. Would you ever use high school rankings / scouting reports?

What if a highly talented kid coming out of high school just had garbage coaching in college?

For sure.

If you see a kid who was an Uberrecruit who hasn’t lived up to the billing, I’d want to know why?  Was it a poor evil in high school?  Lack of motivation/dedication? Physically peaked early?  Poor coaching? Poor scheme fit?  Issues with off field stuff (like family illness or something)?

Lots of reason why guys don’t succeed, the “why” is the relevant thing for a scout.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Just a theory of mine. Saying you’re a guy in charge of scouting. Would you ever use high school rankings / scouting reports?

What if a highly talented kid coming out of high school just had garbage coaching in college?

Isn't this essentially why we drafted Chad Thomas that high? Former 5 star recruit, disappointing college career with flashes as an interior pass rusher, etc.