Tunsil, Stills traded to Houston

minutemancl

20 hours ago, Mind Character said:

The Good news is that the Texans have two bookend tackles in Tunsil and Tytus Howard (assuming they play Howard at RT eventually). They get a deep threat WR in Stills to pair with Hopkins.

Howard probably stays at G - he's looked VERY good at the spot, and a Tunsil/Howard left side can protect the hell out of Watson.

20 hours ago, Mind Character said:

They get a deep threat WR in Stills to pair with Hopkins.

Stills is probably a #3 behind Will Fuller - but with Fuller's injury history, he'll get a lot of PT opposite Hopkins.

The price is a MASSIVE overpayment, but I'll overpay for a plug-and-play LT for Watson. It stings, but this was the one thing the Texans needed to get into a discussion for a top team come playoff time.

They still need to get rid of BOB, but...well, at least you have a franchise QB, LT and WR to work with.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, samsel23 said:

Can anyone really blame BOB though?  He knows he’s on the hot seat.  He’s throwing everything he can into this year.. knowing he’s probably gone regardless.

He likely won’t be around to reap whatever repercussions there are.  

Not that he deserved to be in this spot to begin with

he 100 percent deserves to be in this spot.  he is god awful

I see this move panning out for Houston like the 2016 free agency class did for the Giants: huge short term rewards, followed by heartbreak and a rebuild. I'm pulling for the Texans though! Gotta love a do or die year. And Watson may not get sacked 40 times this year!

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

is tunsil actually good? i feel like i totally lost track of him once he was drafted.

I think Tunsil and Stills are good. As good as say a Rishard Matthews and Taylor Lewan I'm guessing ( in Titans terms). 

Having said that never would I trade 2 first, a second and two other player for them. 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The price is a MASSIVE overpayment, but I'll overpay for a plug-and-play LT for Watson. It stings, but this was the one thing the Texans needed to get into a discussion for a top team come playoff time.

Massive is an overstatement. But..it is quite a price, for sure. 

19 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

That is amazing for the Texans. I mean, let's see what the gave up first but yay for Watson not dying this year.

Well they have one spot locked down. MIA did last year too and it was still horrible. I hope Watson can stay healthy though, but yeesh.