WEEK 1 RAVENS AT BENGALS- FOOTBALL IS BACK!!

paraven

19 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Sounds like Jaylen Hill will be out. Pretty disappointing.

I like it. That's how it should be. Let the second inside linebacker spot be rotational based on whatever is needed from that spot on a particular play. 

Jaylen Hill out and Sheldon Price "Doubtful" with a concussion, but everyone else is a go, per Ravens.

10 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Jaylen Hill out and Sheldon Price "Doubtful" with a concussion, but everyone else is a go, per Ravens.

Resigning Webb was so clutch. Just having a vet who can fill in for the slot or wherever. We only have 3 healthy corners (Smith Carr and Humphrey) and we'd be in real trouble otherwise.

Let's also not overlook the versatility of Anthony Levine Sr. Like Webb, he can play Safety and Corner. Unlike Webb, he can also play ILB. Together they offer depth at 4 different positions (FS, SS, CB, and ILB), which cannot be overlooked for a team that struggles to keep their safeties and corners healthy.

On 9/9/2017 at 5:28 AM, Darth Pees said:

Let's also not overlook the versatility of Anthony Levine Sr. Like Webb, he can play Safety and Corner. Unlike Webb, he can also play ILB. Together they offer depth at 4 different positions (FS, SS, CB, and ILB), which cannot be overlooked for a team that struggles to keep their safeties and corners healthy.

I wouldn't trust either of those guys to cover Tyler Boyd or John Ross, which could well be a possibility with Hill and Price out

Kind of a sad list of inactives. FIrst two are hurt, but at least four out of the other five are young and talented. Can't play everybody though with special teams being a factor. 

Also, I still despise the existence of gameday inactives. 

This is interesting too:

So... Ricard is looking to get a handful of snaps on defense too. The fifth defensive lineman doesn't get much, but in addition to his FB duties he will be seeing the field a decent amount. Kind of odd that Davis and Ricard are the two subs though. Not much pass-rush potential coming off the bench for the DL.

Tim Williams is the most disappointing. Nobody can tell me his pass-rush off the edge couldn't be a big boost to the defense. I don't care about special teams, make it work somewhere else. If Pees can't figure out a way to get that kind of talent, unique from the rest of the guys on the roster, in the rotation... what a waste. Haha, the game hasn't even started yet and I'm seriously ticked off. 

5 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

I'm pretty sure if he was that great at pass rushing he wouldn't be inactive.

I'm pretty sure I don't trust this coaching staff to make good decisions. Simple as that.

And look, I'm not saying Williams is great. Just brings something much different to the table than Suggs, Judon, Smith, and Bowser. Something needed. Something that wrecks havoc in today's game if the upside is reached. That's not happening in street clothes on the bench. 

Archived