WEEK 1 RAVENS AT BENGALS- FOOTBALL IS BACK!!

paraven

5 hours ago, coordinator0 said:

Kind of a sad list of inactives. FIrst two are hurt, but at least four out of the other five are young and talented. Can't play everybody though with special teams being a factor. 

Also, I still despise the existence of gameday inactives. 

This is interesting too:

So... Ricard is looking to get a handful of snaps on defense too. The fifth defensive lineman doesn't get much, but in addition to his FB duties he will be seeing the field a decent amount. Kind of odd that Davis and Ricard are the two subs though. Not much pass-rush potential coming off the bench for the DL.

Eh.  Someone/multiple someones have to be inactive every week.

2 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

It did work and all is good. However, going full prevent with sole purpose to chew up clock could have backfired if the Bengals scored. Taking the early timeouts and several delay of game penalties would have been costly in any competitive game, no? 

So one thing I was wondering.  On one of our delay of games, the clock continued to run.  Was that a mistake on the crew's part or genius on the part of our coaches?

Offense was about as good as I expected really. There was a lot to like about about the running game. West and Allen ran hard and more importantly there were some good lanes even when everyone knew we were running and some creative blocking schemes which was a great change from the last two years. Coaching on the line is big and the Roman acquisition is already returning dividends. Flacco looks like he can still zip it. The passing game will improve as long as he stays healthy and gets time with his receivers. Very smart to ease off him in the second half; I would have been annoyed if they didn't.

The defense looked like what we've all been hyping it up to be. 

This offense is much what I expected. Seems Woodhead was a big part of the game plan, and when he left, we had to find our footing again. Doesn't seem like we found a way to get some passes in, so we where lucky the Bengals couldn't really stop the run.

Flacco most likely need to get into a rythm with receivers or we have to find ways to scheme them open.

Its very clear Roman had an impact yesterday. Hopefully it carries into the season.

Archived