Sign in to follow this  
jch1911

Texans trade for Tunsil, Stills

Believe I read two firsts and a second.  

Posted (edited)

Would be totally worth it, if we had gotten some semblance of value back for Clowney.  This is the like the drunk guy at your fantasy football draft that shows up with last years magazine and tries to impress people wheeling and dealing while everyone knows he has no idea what he is doing.  This will all work out if Clowney resigns with us in the offseason and we look like we actually had some sort of a next level plan all along instead of franchises smelling blood in the water and circling O'Brien's sinking boat.

Edited by Apollo Stallion

On one hand Yay for a LT

On the other hand no Clowney and no high picks means no avenue to fix the secondary

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

On one hand Yay for a LT

On the other hand no Clowney and no high picks means no avenue to fix the secondary

The boat load of cap space will help

Just now, lumberjackchris said:

The boat load of cap space will help

Name a franchise other than us that let's a top CB hit the market

Tunsil is good, but isn't worth that much. Reality is this trade was a desperation move by a FO that can't draft OL and a Coach/GM that feels some heat on the butt so doesn't care about the future. All that said still orders of magnitude better than the Clowney deal

I don’t care if we over paid as long as we get the guy who started in Miami. 

Does anyone have any idea who was cut and not and why our depth chart looks like?

41 minutes ago, mse326 said:

On one hand Yay for a LT

We're going to have to find a few more Justin Reid-types. It's not easy, but it's doable.

Would be good if Lonnie Johnson and Bradley Roby turn into the future at CB, but not hoping for much.

Unstated in all of this - Kenny Stills is a healthy Will Fuller. That will keep this O going downfield after Fuller gets injured.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

We're going to have to find a few more Justin Reid-types. It's not easy, but it's doable.

Would be good if Lonnie Johnson and Bradley Roby turn into the future at CB, but not hoping for much.

Unstated in all of this - Kenny Stills is a healthy Will Fuller. That will keep this O going downfield after Fuller gets injured.

I am thrilled to have a starting LT 

lost in all this is the fact that we are extremely sure that Howard can’t play LT

Tunsil and Howard should be a dominate left side for years to come. 

I love that we have a LT, but man we really mortgaged the future here. I want to see the details of this deal. I like that he has 2 years left on his deal, plus we get Stills who will be a huge contributor if Fuller goes down. I love Nuk, Fuller, Coutee, Stills, Carter