1 More Time!: Which team is best?

JaguarCrazy2832

Which Team is the best?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team is the best?

Okay I know I already did 1 of these and I'm sure its annoying but at the same time I feel like I reply to at least 5x as many posts as I ask myself so please help me out 1 more time and then @ me if you have a question

12 teams, Auction Style, Non-PPR, standard starters: QB-2 RB, 2 WR, TE, RB/WR, DST, K, 7 BE, $200 budget. Not posting the kickers/DSTs to save time although 4 guys bid more than $1 on a kicker and 3 guys bid more than $1 on DSTs

Team 1:

QB: Kyler Murray(1) Mitch Trubisky(1)

RB: Nick Chubb(44), Chris Carson(32), Aaron Jones(34), Justice Hill(1), Dion Lewis(1)

WR: Julian Edelman(29), Stefon Diggs(24), Kenny Golladay(21), Anthony Miller(1), Deebo Samuel(1)

TE: OJ Howard(7)

Team 2:

QB: Baker Mayfield(2)

RB: Conner(46), Cook(36), Fournette(30), Ingram(19), D. Thompson(2)

WR: Thielen(28), Dede(7), Kirk(5), E.Sanders(5), D-Jax(3), Fitz(2), MVS(2)

TE: D. Walker(4)

Team 3:

QB: Mahomes(23)

RB: Devonta(37), D.Monty(23) Breida(4), Barber(2), Richard(1), R.Jones(1)

WR: Cooks(33), T. Williams(1), Hamilton(1), Humphries(1), Richardson(1)

TE: Kelce(44)

Team 4:

QB: Big Ben(1)

RB: Henry(39), L.Mccoy(1)...yes thats it

WR: Adams(53), ODB(49), Evans(49), Davis(2), Tate(1), Funchess(1), Hardman(1), T. Smith(1)

TE: Burton(1), Graham(1), Rudolph(1)

Team 5:

QB: Wentz(3), Newton(3), Wilson(1)

RB: Zeke(64), Jacobs(33), Henderson(1), Harris(1)

WR: AB(36), Woods(23), Crowder, Brown(1), Chark(1)

TE: Ertz(28)

Team 6:

QB: Goff(2), Winston(1)

RB: Mixon(42), Michel(32), M. Sanders(11), Latavius(4), Singletary(1), J.Jackson(1)

WR: Hill(49), Juju(43),J Washington(2), Pettis(2), Allison(2)

TE: McDonald(5)

Team 7:

QB: Cousins(1)

RB: D-Will(25), Guice(12), Coleman(18), Drake(9), Pollard(1), Samuels(1)

WR: Hopkins(62), Cooper(35), A-Rob(11), Moore(12), Robby(8)

TE: Njoku(1), Andrews(1)

Team 8:

QB: Brady(4), Dak(2)

RB: Bell(59), Kerryon(34), Royce(6)

WR: Hilton(26), Godwin(17) Kupp(18), Watkins(1), Sutton(1), Coutee(1), Metcalf(1), A. Wilson(1)

TE: Henry(10)

Team 9:

QB: Brees(1), Rivers(1)

RB:DJ(59), Lindsay(14), Ekeler(5), Cohen(4), Howard(2), Hunt(1)

WR: Lockett(17), Ridley(16), Boyd(14), Gordon(15), Stills(1)

TE: Kittle(34)

Team 10:

QB: Rodgers(7), Carr(1)

RB: CMC(62), Kamara(62), Hines(1), Miller(1), Gio(1)

WR: Julio(59), N. Harry(1), Demaryius(1), M.Brown(1)

TE: Olsen(1), Ebron(1)

Team 11:

QB: Ryan(6), L-Jax(2)

RB: Barkley(73), Gurley(50),D. Johnson(13) AP(1), Ballage(1)

WR: Allen(35), AJ Green(9), Gallup(3), Moncrief(1), Sanu(1)

TE: Hooper(1), Reed(1)

Team 12:

QB: Watson(7)

RB: Gordon(26), Mack(17), White(9), Penny(4)

WR: M. Thomas(54), M.Williams(16), Jeffery(15), Shepard,(13) M.Jones(4), Landry(6), Fuller(5)

TE: Engram(9), Cook(7)

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'm curious about Team 10, like spending all that money on 3 guys seems crazy but the FAAB waiver wire means he could spend big(and if he hits big on 1-2 guys) could walk into a championship 

I mean...you also get Julio and Rodgers. TE is also not bad between Ebron and Olsen. If they just get a few waiver guys that team will be very good. 

In my experience...don’t get attached to $1 guys. Nobody, and I mean nobody, is good enough to consistently have better than a 50% hit rate on those guys. I like my chances of finding and getting those $1 guys through the season. So I probably value the higher end guys more than others. 

I want as many guys who can win the league by themselves. That’s why I like 5 and 10. Having an elite TE is an enormous advantage...so having Ertz is a huge advantage. 

14 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

In my experience...don’t get attached to $1 guys. Nobody, and I mean nobody, is good enough to consistently have better than a 50% hit rate on those guys. I like my chances of finding and getting those $1 guys through the season. So I probably value the higher end guys more than others. 

I want as many guys who can win the league by themselves. That’s why I like 5 and 10. Having an elite TE is an enormous advantage...so having Ertz is a huge advantage. 

I have a tendency to overthink and over analyze those players because my main league is 12 teams with 9 man bench and an IR. Gotta take some stabs at the right guys in rounds 10-16 before a defense in 17 and kicker in 18. Whether or not I'm able to give myself any sort of advantage over pure randomness I guess is unknown to me but I'm not drafting. N'Keal Harry is on IR. Demaryius is unlikely to impact, etc. He should've filled out the roster with lottery tickets that after week 1 you'll know if you can comfortably release for the flavor of the week or streamers. I don't care if it's Chris Thompson, Malcolm Brown, Adam Humphries, etc. I just don't think it should be IR players, suspended players or players who will see little to no snaps week 1.

9 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’ve often wondered about drafting with that strategy. Be very different than other leagues and spend a few bucks on a top tier QB and spend over 70% of the budget on elite level guys who have a high chance of being #1 at their position like Kamara and CMC yes early on this team might struggle but they could easily get 45-50 from those 3 alone, another 15 from DST and K combined, 20 from the QB and realistically need another 10-15 combined from the flex, wr2 and TE to have a shot to win. All reasonable expectations 

@sammymvpknight is your auction strategy different? Whats your strategy going in?

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I’ve often wondered about drafting with that strategy. Be very different than other leagues and spend a few bucks on a top tier QB and spend over 70% of the budget on elite level guys who have a high chance of being #1 at their position like Kamara and CMC yes early on this team might struggle but they could easily get 45-50 from those 3 alone, another 15 from DST and K combined, 20 from the QB and realistically need another 10-15 combined from the flex, wr2 and TE to have a shot to win. All reasonable expectations 

@sammymvpknight is your auction strategy different? Whats your strategy going in?

Im far less experienced with Auction but I’ve had a fair amount of success the past few years. I have no problem taking tops if I believe that the values there. Barkley and Kelce, for instance, are probably worth where they’re going. I’d love to leave the draft with both. Again...I think that Kelce could be worth a top 5 pick. After that I’m just trying to get as much value as possible with the anticipation to spend about 90% on starters. I always draft deep well so usually sit back and let the competition over bid after I land a few elite players. The key is finding the elite players you believe are worth it. 

@JaguarCrazy2832

i just participated in a 10 team auction draft for the fun of it. I got Barkley and Kelce and still had enough money left over to get:

QB: Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz

WR: Tyler Lockett, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Dede Westbrook, Robby Anderson, AJ Green

RB: Josh Jacobs, Leonard Fournette, Derrick Henry

K: Justin Tucker

DEF: Chicago

Im projected to win every game this year.

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

@JaguarCrazy2832

i just participated in a 10 team auction draft for the fun of it. I got Barkley and Kelce and still had enough money left over to get:

WR: Tyler Lockett, DJ Moore, Tyler Boyd, Dede Westbrook, Robby Anderson, AJ Green

As you should. Great team

3 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

@JaguarCrazy2832

I think part of that is you drafted with less teams than i did too. The extra 2 teams and therefore $400 makes it impossible to land all those guys 

You a big Henry guy? Those 3 alone would combine for almost half my budget and then Barkley/Kelce would have cost the other half

15 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Im far less experienced with Auction but I’ve had a fair amount of success the past few years. I have no problem taking tops if I believe that the values there. Barkley and Kelce, for instance, are probably worth where they’re going. I’d love to leave the draft with both. Again...I think that Kelce could be worth a top 5 pick. After that I’m just trying to get as much value as possible with the anticipation to spend about 90% on starters. I always draft deep well so usually sit back and let the competition over bid after I land a few elite players. The key is finding the elite players you believe are worth it. 

I’ve thought about bidding that much on strictly the starters. Basically did it for just 4 players but only $160 instead of 180. I feel like i always want a solid bench guy or 2 just in case but if my starters are so great they only see the field on bye weeks so maybe the heavy bidding on starters os worth it. I won last year so i dont want to change up my strategy though