Dolphins trade Tunsil, Stills,+ 4th Rounder

Tetsujin

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I like the value but at the same time I'm really sad that the organization didn't see a franchise LT as part of the rebuilding plans.

I trust that the FO knows more about Tunsil than anyone out in this forum.  He fell to 14 for a reason, and perhaps despite his great talent our GM didn't want to give him a huge deal.

To me, it sounds like we're serious about getting the #1 pick in one of the next two drafts.  This move might also signal that the FO has already determined that Rosen isn't a franchise QB. Maybe Tua or Herbert is who we really want.

1 hour ago, amazingandre said:

Give us the unbiased low down on Stills. 

He's a good deep threat. And if you have a true #1 WR he'll be a great compliment.  I like him, but I don't love him.  The Texans are poised for a couple of really good playoff runs over the next few seasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I like the value but at the same time I'm really sad that the organization didn't see a franchise LT as part of the rebuilding plans.

He’d be really expensive when you guys are just starting to turn it around.   They are taking a big risk but 2 1sts and a 2nd for Tunsil and Stills is highway robbery.    They can take 2-3 shots to beef up the OL with BPA with 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds.  And 2 2021 firsts.  

Keep in mind if Watson or Watt goes down  (as they’ve lost a ton of D difference makers) that team is screwed so it’s not like it’s a lock that team is guaranteed to be sending you picks in the 20’s. 

It hurts but it’s absolutely the right deal.   Lose the battle now to win the war long term.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 10:56 PM, Deadeye said:

I trust that the FO knows more about Tunsil than anyone out in this forum.  He fell to 14 for a reason, and perhaps despite his great talent our GM didn't want to give him a huge deal.

To me, it sounds like we're serious about getting the #1 pick in one of the next two drafts.  This move might also signal that the FO has already determined that Rosen isn't a franchise QB. Maybe Tua or Herbert is who we really want.

I already could've told them that before we wasted a 2nd.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:09 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

I can remember when Jimmy Johnson traded away Hershel Walker for a boatload of picks and Cowboy fans were devestated.  Worked out well for them building 3 SB winning squads.

This haul reminds me of that a bit.  I thought Tunsil would be our LT for the next 10 seasons.  But when you have the opportunity to turn one great player into 3, you do it when your roster is in need of talent.  

Will be interesting if they take QB in 1st next season.  My gut is they don’t.  They take edge and OT.  Then in 2021, Trevor Lawrence gets the keys to Miami..

Edited by Rgossett07
Spelling

In the history of the NFL, has a no-name non-Pro Bowl player EVER been traded for two 1st's and a 2nd? I'd wager...no. Not a normal 'no' more like an 'off the freaking charts' no. The average NFL fan doesn't even know him other than the gas mask video. Strange but true. 

Herschel Walker was blowin' up NFL defense prior to his trade, to the tune of 1700 scrimmage yds for THREE years in a row. You know, household-name media-frenzy type play. A different situation than this. 

Fins will win too many games in 2020 to consider Trevor Lawrence, that ain't happening. It's either Rosen's team, or one of the 2020 QB's. Gonna be fun watching it all play out.