Dolphins trade Tunsil, Stills,+ 4th Rounder

Tetsujin

4 hours ago, FinSting said:

In the history of the NFL, has a no-name non-Pro Bowl player EVER been traded for two 1st's and a 2nd? I'd wager...no. Not a normal 'no' more like an 'off the freaking charts' no. The average NFL fan doesn't even know him other than the gas mask video. Strange but true. 

Herschel Walker was blowin' up NFL defense prior to his trade, to the tune of 1700 scrimmage yds for THREE years in a row. You know, household-name media-frenzy type play. A different situation than this. 

Fins will win too many games in 2020 to consider Trevor Lawrence, that ain't happening. It's either Rosen's team, or one of the 2020 QB's. Gonna be fun watching it all play out. 

I see your point, but I’m merely saying J. Johnson saw an opportunity to gather very valuable draft picks to build a team. Big part of Tunsil value was age, team control and potential.  

You're hearing it here first..... 

2020 Draft - Colts and Dolphins swap 1st round. Dolphins Get Colts 3rd rd in 2020 and also get Colts 1st in 2021.  Colts go hard for either Herbert or Tua.

Gives MIA 3 firsts in 2021. Plenty of capital to get Lawrence. 

16 hours ago, Rgossett07 said:

I see your point, but I’m merely saying J. Johnson saw an opportunity to gather very valuable draft picks to build a team. Big part of Tunsil value was age, team control and potential.  

You're hearing it here first..... 

2020 Draft - Colts and Dolphins swap 1st round. Dolphins Get Colts 3rd rd in 2020 and also get Colts 1st in 2021.  Colts go hard for either Herbert or Tua.

Gives MIA 3 firsts in 2021. Plenty of capital to get Lawrence. 

This is what Im hoping for. 

I'd still like to give Rosen a real chance at showing he's the guy. with the roster the way it is currently.... that just won't happen. 

This year will be fitz's last year in the NFL, he will end up dying at some point in this season. 

given your Scenario and the FA, you give Rosen the chance to show that he's the next Franchise guy and you're covered if he doesn't.  

One has to wonder if Tunsil wasn't very receptive to the reported extension offers.  If he wasn't going to be resigning here, this trade made all the sense in the world.  Great value no matter what, but it's easier to watch a homegrown, improving potential franchise LT get dealt when he has already declined extension offers.

• Like 1