24 members have voted

1. 1. predict our record

• 12 and 4
    • 11 and 5
    • 10 and 6
    • 9 and 7
    • 8 and 8
    • losing record of any combination.

I wanted to wait till we knew the contracts update. But with the belief of Zeke signing and the hopes Dak and Cooper not far behind. What does everyone expect from our season?? (baring major injuries of course)

regular season record prediction? 

As well as any other team or individual predictions.

I am really hoping and believing that our defense will be very good and perhaps our best in over a decade. Deep all over. Hoping Lee blends in well in his new role and that we finally found a true ball hawk safety. deepest D-line with some very god quality as well.

Offensively, anyone, and I mean anyone should be an upgrade over SL at OC. Dallas' O-line is, I hope deep enough to survive an injury or 2. They will have the best weapons for Dak with Witten and Cooper. And now maybe the best 1-2 punch at RB. 

My feeling of REASONS to be optimistic far out way any potential negative reasons at this TIME.

Having said all that, I do believe Dallas WILL GO 12 and 4 for above stated reasons. YES I know I have been over optimistic every year and been let down many times. But… maybe finally

What are your predictions???

Edited by resilient part 2

For me everything hinges on the health of the OL, and signing Zeke. I have concerns about the OL namely Tyron's back.  Martin will be okay.  I love having Frederick back but it may take him time to regain his old form.  Take those concerns with no Zeke and the offense will struggle.  Zeke is the bell cow.  I dont believe thst anyone can run behind this line.  Morris is older and slower.  Pollard will be a dynamic change of pace and receiver, but he's not going to carry the ball 20-25 times a game.  Add in a brutal schedule and I think we flirt with a playoff spot but ultimately fall short.  Missing the playoffs will mean the end of the Garrett era.

Now if the OL is healthy and Zeke gers signed, things change and we slug it out with the Eagles for the division.  With the Giants, Redskins, and Dolphins to start the season we should be at least 2-1, hopefully 3-0.  Then the fun begins.  A hot start means Zeke could sit longer.I think Moore will be a more creative, dynamic coordinator but if he is handicapped by injuries or holdouts it will hold him and the team back.

Let's not forget Maher.  Inconsistent kickers make me nervous and will cost us a game or two.

I reserve the right to revisit this prediction after a couple of games!

Edited by Northland

16 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

On paper at least, we have maybe the best roster we have in a decade. I don't know why more dont share our optimism.

Dallas has had a tendency to be fools gold.

Romo. Ware. Witten. Dez. All exceptional players we allowed to leave without Rings. Until proven otherwise, fans should be skeptical. But...I believe. Hope springs eternal. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

On paper at least, we have maybe the best roster we have in a decade. I don't know why more dont share our optimism.

2013... 2015... 2017...

Those were bad seasons.

2014... 2016.... 2018... 

Those were good seasons.

Where do we place 2019?

I know the past has nothing to do with this season, and maybe firing Linehan broke the curse...

But people are probably tired of getting burned after a good year. Based on the way this off season has gone? Color me cautious.

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

2013... 2015... 2017...

Those were bad seasons.

2014... 2016.... 2018... 

Those were good seasons.

Where do we place 2019?

I know the past has nothing to do with this season, and maybe firing Linehan broke the curse...

But people are probably tired of getting burned after a good year. Based on the way this off season has gone? Color me cautious.

I will say this, anything is possible with this Dallas team we have seen it. Predicting them may be harder and any team in the NFL in my opinion, but having said that, I think we are deeper than we have been in many many years. Injury aside, on paper I do believe we can be very very good. But paper doesn't guarantee victories I know. And I may end up being disappointed yet again

13 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Dallas has had a tendency to be fools gold.

Romo. Ware. Witten. Dez. All exceptional players we allowed to leave without Rings. Until proven otherwise, fans should be skeptical. But...I believe. Hope springs eternal. 

This post sums up how I feel.  Despite having a very talented roster I just don't know what to expect.  

Week 1: vs. Giants W

Week 2: at Redskins W

Week 3: vs. Dolphins W

Week 4: at Saints L

Week 5: vs. Packers W

Week 6: at Jets W

Week 7: vs. Eagles W

Week 8: BYE

Week 9: at Giants W

Week 10: vs. Vikings L

Week 11: at Lions W

Week 12: at Patriots L

Week 13: vs. Bills W

Week 14: at Bears W

Week 15: vs. Rams L

Week 16: at Eagles L

Week 17: vs. Redskins W

If they stay healthy anything short of double digit wins will be a huge disappointment. For now, I'm thinking 11 - 5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

If they stay healthy anything short of double digit wins will be a huge disappointment. For now, I'm thinking 11 - 5

Going into the bye at 6-1 would be great!

In those first 7 games we have 3 divisional opponents that always plays us to the wire, Aaron Gawdgers, plus Drew Brees and the Saints. 

Escaping that with only 1 loss seems unlikely.

Edited by DaBoys

4 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

I think this speaks for everyone.

• Like 1

I voted 11-5.  I want to say 12-4 and would if Elliot had been in the house but the hope he will be there will help the start and having him there by the time the saints and packers come up could easily get us to a bye with 1 loss though that would be beyond expectations even if I think all those games are winnable (saints on road though ouch)

I see that the poll only goes up to 12-4.  Although you essentially gave the forum the ability to give the Cowboys an A+, you appear to have forgotten that they could get an A++.

With that said,

Week 7: vs. Eagles W (Carson will be injured by this time of the year)

Week 12: at Patriots W

Week 16: at Eagles W (By this time Carson will have returned from injury, but will have been re-injured and will be out for the remainder of the season.)

Week 17: vs. Redskins L (We sit most of our starters as we are the 2nd overall seed with no ability to catch the Saints for 1st overall)