2019 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

wouldn’t surprise me if he’s in Harbaugh’s doghouse and the “injury” is really just an excuse to have him in the doghouse without media questions.

Why would they bother?  Its not like Moore not getting PT would be some big story - he's shown himself to not be good enough when he's got on the field on offense this year, and ST gunners can be replaced

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

Why would they bother?  Its not like Moore not getting PT would be some big story - he's shown himself to not be good enough when he's got on the field on offense this year, and ST gunners can be replaced

True. Just seems like suspicious timing. I just get the feeling that something more is up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Interesting. I had mentioned him previously as a potential candidate for the tag. All else equal, I’d prefer to use it as a forcing function to sign Peters, but perhaps they feel that Either (A) those negotiations won’t Be as difficult from a numbers perspective or (B) the downside of signing Peters isn’t as great due to other options and pieces at the position. 

edit - I forgot an option (c). Apparently this year, barring change to the CBA, teams may use BOTH the franchise tag and the transition tag. Could be a strategy to hit Peters with transition. The team may feel more comfortable with matching a Peters deal (or choosing not to, which would be B above). 

Edited by sp6488
  • Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So let me get this straight.

This guy does literally nothing for us for 1.5 years, then goes straight to the Dolphins and puts up that statline?

Image result for confused gif

lol The hype on Sieler didn't come out of nowhere. He was one of the top performing Rookie DIs during last year's preseason. He didn't replicate the same kind of impact this preseason, but that's also because we had guys like Henry and Wormley playing late into the 4th Quarter of those games- stealing away developmental/opportunity reps from him. Then when we saw him in extremely limited time during this regular season, he did flash. 

I've said it a thousand times, not receiving playing time or even being cut- isn't a concrete indictment on players. Just look at guys currently balling for us like Josh Bynes and Chuck Clark - or the constantly derided Bowser. And players don't usually flash impact on accident, it usually means they have a decent well of talent to draw from. We kept playing games and pushing Sieler off the roster, and in the end it's going to cost us. The Dolphins gain a young super athletic DI prospect, and we've lost one- on a roster that desperately needs pass rush impact from the position.

Too bad. Him being Ozzie's final draft pick was always a cool little note. Oh well, onto to the next crop of guys. 

Thing is - we have no interior pass rush. None. Haven't for years. And Sieler could have been that presence, but wasn't. So why? Wormley is trash. Henry is injured/cut (can't even remember at this point). There's nobody there blocking opportunities for him but in the end he still couldn't do it.

Hope he finds something with Miami, but I never saw anything worth being excited about here.

9 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Thing is - we have no interior pass rush. None. Haven't for years. And Sieler could have been that presence, but wasn't. So why? Wormley is trash. Henry is injured/cut (can't even remember at this point). There's nobody there blocking opportunities for him but in the end he still couldn't do it.

Hope he finds something with Miami, but I never saw anything worth being excited about here.

Because coaches are going to play it safe when they have generally high(ish)-floor veterans ahead of the young guys with potential. Especially those they don't have a lot invested in. It suck sometimes, but that's how it goes. Coaches aren't risk-takers. 

• Like 3