2019 Baltimore Ravens Roster Tracker

coordinator0

5 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Sounds like Jeff might need better sources. Based off the Ramsey situation the Jets will hold Yannick until the deadline to try and drive his price up as much as they can. I’d give a 1st, 3rd in this year’s draft plus a conditional 3rd next year based off of playing time and performance indicators.

You would give a 1st and a 3rd for 9 games of control of a player? Yikes. 

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

You would give a 1st and a 3rd for 9 games of control of a player? Yikes. 

I’m not concerned that we wouldn’t be able to resign him. He’s from the area and our front office will have the cap money to invest. Our team is generally all about giving guaranteed cash and he would be joining plenty of defensive talent with a great defensive tradition. The front office with the Jags has been a struggle according to some reports, Baltimore would offer one of the best in the businesses on that front.

So it only makes sense that he would resign. Especially considering the commitment to trade for him.

Lastly, similar to the trade the Bears did for Mack, they basically negotiated the trade but also essentially got him signed and traded. We could look for something similar. A sign and trade deal contingent upon him joining the team long term.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

I’m not concerned that we wouldn’t be able to resign him. He’s from the area and our front office will have the cap money to invest. Our team is generally all about giving guaranteed cash and he would be joining plenty of defensive talent with a great defensive tradition. The front office with the Jags has been a struggle according to some reports, Baltimore would offer one of the best in the businesses on that front.

So it only makes sense that he would resign. Especially considering the commitment to trade for him.

Lastly, similar to the trade the Bears did for Mack, they basically negotiated the trade but also essentially got him signed and traded. We could look for something similar. A sign and trade deal contingent upon him joining the team long term.

I'm seeing some Raven fans float asinine offers for Yanny. Like a 3rd + a 5th type stuff lol. I don't think they understand how good he is, or what it takes to pry a pre-prime franchise rusher away from another club....

It is infuriating Jags fans on twitter xD.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, berlin calling said:

well if you believe you have a shot at the SB this year you basically invest a 1st only since IF he'd leave, you'll surely fetch a 3rd comp pick anyway.

I think by cutting Bethel, the Ravens are indicating they are not necessarily going all in this year for the super bowl. If they were, they wouldn't sacrifice the present (Bethel) for the future (4th rd comp). 

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Why not just sign him in the offseason then and save a 1st and 3rd round pick? He seems like he's intent on hitting FA and getting max $.

2 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Why not just sign him in the offseason then and save a 1st and 3rd round pick? He seems like he's intent on hitting FA and getting max $.

We can save money and not waste this monumental effort by Lamar this season. I don’t buy into the, “he’s out of the league in 6 years plan, but I also know that it can’t be possible for him to be this superhuman with his legs his entire career. He also won’t be on a rookie deal forever. You also don’t want to risk Yannick going elsewhere and being “enticed” enough for us to finish in “2nd place”. If we trade for him, we’re spending the pick to ensure that we finish in first place for a position that I don’t find to be the greatest in this draft class (pass rusher).

And like I said that would be my max offer. Of course if I were DeCosta I would start the negotiations with two 2nds and go from there.

@AFlaccoSeagulls Didn't Dion do some great work for the Seahawks 2 years ago? PFF had him at 12 pressures(4 Sacks, 3 QBH, 5 Hurries) on just 60 rushes, that's an absurd rate. Wonder if EDC would kick the tires on him? Looks like he's in shape and ready to go. He was one of my all time draft fixations, but he could never get his head right off the field. Couldn't hurt to work him out at least.

Edited by DreamKid

4 hours ago, DreamKid said:

@AFlaccoSeagulls Didn't Dion do some great work for the Seahawks 2 years ago? PFF had him at 12 pressures(4 Sacks, 3 QBH, 5 Hurries) on just 60 rushes, that's an absurd rate. Wonder if EDC would kick the tires on him? Looks like he's in shape and ready to go. He was one of my all time draft fixations, but he could never get his head right off the field. Couldn't hurt to work him out at least.

Gimme gimme gimme gimme.

If we were to add him and Josh Gordon? Talk about adding some bite to both sides of the ball.

Edited by BareYourTeeth

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Yeah Dion Jordan looked really good for the Seahawks a couple of years ago before getting hurt again. At this point I'm not sure if he can be relied on, but taking a flyer on him given our current state of things couldn't hurt.

• Like 1