NFL Cuts--Who Do We Go After?

Just Want A Title

7 minutes ago, detroitroar said:

There's a difference between an honest observation of them and then just crying over every little thing they either do or dont do. That's the thing I find annoying. 

Historically, every little thing they do or don't do has been overall, bad. 

I am right in the middle - I am cautiously optimistic about this team. The Lions haven't done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt out of the gate. The Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Seahawks, etc. are teams that can afford to miss out on a guy or make a mistake. There is both recent history and long term success within the organizations. However, I do feel that the team is on the right track and they have shown an ability to add guys that none of us are familiar with and find success. Okwara and even Kennard are really good examples. They've also taken chances on guys like Tabor that haven't worked out.

There is too small of a sample size for me to get an understanding on the Quinn/Patricia combo. They should come in week 1 and keep Murray and the Cardinals to under 10 pts with consistent pressure. If the Cardinals look like the Jets from last year, it's going to be a tough season.

There is no reason to believe the Lions won’t be anything but mediocre with this new regime that’s more likely to fail than not.

I think Lions fans blind faith and drinking the kool aid has led to the problem. There is not enough frustration and anger-why has this team consistently had so many sellouts with a subpar product

2 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

There is no reason to believe the Lions won’t be anything but mediocre with this new regime that’s more likely to fail than not.

I think Lions fans blind faith and drinking the kool aid has led to the problem. There is not enough frustration and anger-why has this team consistently had so many sellouts with a subpar product

Blind faith would be ok with another 6-10 season and expect 2020 to be the time the Lions bounce back. Given the overhaul of the organization, a HC coming in after focusing in on a SB run, etc. I can accept a 6-10 in year 1. It's not ideal but it makes some sense with everything there. Perpetual anger isn't going to fix anything. The team has gone out on a limb and are trying to fix things from the inside/out. If the results are the same this time next year, we can all yell and scream and start looking towards which coaches will be available for 2020. I also don't want to be the Cardinals firing a HC one year in when we all know it takes 3 years to really know what you have in a team.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I am right in the middle - I am cautiously optimistic about this team. The Lions haven't done anything to deserve the benefit of the doubt out of the gate. The Pats, Steelers, Eagles, Seahawks, etc. are teams that can afford to miss out on a guy or make a mistake. There is both recent history and long term success within the organizations. However, I do feel that the team is on the right track and they have shown an ability to add guys that none of us are familiar with and find success. Okwara and even Kennard are really good examples. They've also taken chances on guys like Tabor that haven't worked out.

There is too small of a sample size for me to get an understanding on the Quinn/Patricia combo. They should come in week 1 and keep Murray and the Cardinals to under 10 pts with consistent pressure. If the Cardinals look like the Jets from last year, it's going to be a tough season.

I feel this way too truthfully, but can't fully commit.  I like the D line, and we have not seen any of it in the preseason.  I like our DBs actually and feel like this can be a pretty good defense.  Its the first time I have felt confident about our D line and D in general in years. 

I am not sold on the O-Line or the personnel decisions around it.  Quinn has made some questionable calls on the O line, and the jury is still out on Ragnow although I like him.  But we did nothing to improve the line this year and it makes me lean towards another bad year of low ypc, beat up RBs, and Stafford being banged up.  Until they prove me wrong, I am expecting 6 wins at most. 

I count myself amongst the many Lions fans who have lost our passion 

I almost didn’t buy the NFL package this year. In the end it was my interest in a handful of ex Sooners that made me keep it. 

People can debate the franchise forever but their record for the past SIX DECADES isn’t debatable. 

60 opportunities. That’s what this team has had. 

Nothing says this franchise can’t be turned around but I’m not going to get excited until they’ve accomplished something, anything!

My best memories as a Lions fan are the great players that have played for the team. That and a few interesting occurrences that resulted from wearing Lions apparel.

8 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

You keep saying that but you're the one who keeps jumping down the throat of anyone who you think says anything negative. 

I'm of the ilk that is not on board with negativity for negativity/SOL sake. However, I am open to legit criticism. I think Slim's points on the OL are warranted. Questions on the back-up QB, WR's and CB2 are all valid too. I am on board with the DL at least on paper.

I know that we've had a very lengthy history of abysmal performances. However, 2019 isn't 2009 or 1999 or 1989. There was a time when Bellichick was fired and the Patriots were a team with a poor history looking to find their savior. History does not dictate the future. This is the first year where I think we'll get an honest evaluation of Patricia and what this vision of the Lions will actually look like.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I'm of the ilk that is not on board with negativity for negativity/SOL sake. However, I am open to legit criticism. I think Slim's points on the OL are warranted. Questions on the back-up QB, WR's and CB2 are all valid too. I am on board with the DL at least on paper.

I know that we've had a very lengthy history of abysmal performances. However, 2019 isn't 2009 or 1999 or 1989. There was a time when Bellichick was fired and the Patriots were a team with a poor history looking to find their savior. History does not dictate the future. This is the first year where I think we'll get an honest evaluation of Patricia and what this vision of the Lions will actually look like.

My viewpoint is if you want to be negative for negativity/SOL sake, or if you want to enter the season double fisting pitchers of kool aid, neat. Both are valid opinions and someone saying you're not allowed to express either of them, or anything between, is being a turd. 

1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

My viewpoint is if you want to be negative for negativity/SOL sake, or if you want to enter the season double fisting pitchers of kool aid, neat. Both are valid opinions and someone saying you're not allowed to express either of them, or anything between, is being a turd. 

To each their own. After I take the forum over in a coup, I'll run things with an iron fist. We'll put up statues of Matthew Patricia after he wins his 6th consecutive Super Bowl.

It’s just a re-occurring issue. OL has always been an issue, secondary is always an issue, running game has been an issue for 15 years, poor coaching, and minimal change in the front office.

We just seem to wash, rinse, and repeat year in and year out. 6 winning seasons in the last 20ish years, two double digit win seasons, and no playoff wins. New coach and playstyle every few years or so and we get our hopes up and just eat let down.

Its just extremely frustrating and I’ve switched sides from to ever hopeful to pessimistic scrutiny. 

Im not for or against Patricia right now. I’m more of in a “I’ll believe it when I see it” mood

Im not gonna piss on the guys who are optimistic tho. Differing opinions is what make forums like this to enjoy because it creates conversation