NFL Cuts--Who Do We Go After?

Just Want A Title

35 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

My viewpoint is if you want to be negative for negativity/SOL sake, or if you want to enter the season double fisting pitchers of kool aid, neat. Both are valid opinions and someone saying you're not allowed to express either of them, or anything between, is being a turd. 

For real though, my point is that everyone has a right to their opinion and to be skeptical or question the team. Just have it be about something as opposed to a pre-determined position that isn't based in fact, even if that fact is infused with opinion. We can agree or disagree on different moves, moves they didn't make, etc. I get after a long history of poor play that people aren't going to jump into a pool of optimism either. I'm also skeptical and in "wait-and-see" mode. I just don't see a point in negativity for negativity's sake.

I think the one thing, which we saw more in the past when there was more activity here, is people being negative, or doing it in a bombastic way, only to troll others. I don't respect that. But there's virtually no sincere, negative opinion you could express about the Lions that they don't deserve 

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I think the one thing, which we saw more in the past when there was more activity here, is people being negative, or doing it in a bombastic way, only to troll others. I don't respect that. But there's virtually no sincere, negative opinion you could express about the Lions that they don't deserve 

That's certainly fair. The team hasn't done anything to warrant a benefit of the doubt. I'm just not ready to write things off after one season with everything lined up the way it did. New HC coming off of a SB win so late into the off-season, organizational overhaul all the way down to the time they take breaks, etc. It could all work out or it could go the way of Chip Kelly's Eagles and make zero difference.

If you play Madden (I know its a game) youd know FA's usually mean nothing to a team. Theyre an outsider...they were sweet for a season or two becasue they had to get that 2nd contract. Then they come and collect. You build a team through draft picks..this team cannot draft. Theyre as bad as the Pistons...or Mavericks...or Raiders...its okay, some teams are meant to be on the bottom. I just think the fans should make a stand and stop going to the games...stop buying trashford jerseys...if the fans dont pay...the ford family will find a way...and I am hoping it is selling the team. Ford....lol...what a joke. What kind of man creates something using his name...loser just like his team and his crap cars.

35 minutes ago, NFL_Fan said:

If you play Madden (I know its a game) youd know FA's usually mean nothing to a team. Theyre an outsider...they were sweet for a season or two becasue they had to get that 2nd contract. Then they come and collect. You build a team through draft picks..this team cannot draft. Theyre as bad as the Pistons...or Mavericks...or Raiders...its okay, some teams are meant to be on the bottom. I just think the fans should make a stand and stop going to the games...stop buying trashford jerseys...if the fans dont pay...the ford family will find a way...and I am hoping it is selling the team. Ford....lol...what a joke. What kind of man creates something using his name...loser just like his team and his crap cars.

Getting back into the forum with the season around the corner...are you just a troll or is this for real?

2 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

See, like this is just silly

1 hour ago, TimeForChange said:

You equated the mediocrity of the team and dumped on the organization based on your Madden experiences

i dumped on them because they are the least talented team in the NFL. I dumped on them because they have been terrible drafters for how long now? and the two guys that were good that were easy picks...(Suh and Calvin) left and want nothing to do with the organization or the city. This team is a rock bottom and needs a new owner badly. Then a new GM. and all new coaching. Get rid of Stafford. Move Marvin. Only guys I see being talented (oviously they all are, I am saying for a team I'd personally like to see) are Kerryon, Golladay, and Ragnow. Still rather UCF CB Mike Hughes or  next superstar Lamar Jackson. It goes on year after year. Never a fun team to watch. Never a team I thinkk, Hey lets get some merch. I'd rather go to work on my Sunday then watch the Lions play. Don't understand why fans dont make a stand...unless you all like garbage football. and if youre unsure...that preseason was brutal...last year brutal..and I like the talk about Romeo Okwara. Lmao he led the team in sacks...and was not even wanted on a talentless Giants team...just so sad...and I'm still new to this to some. Im hoping for a bomb of a season so we can get a top pick for a qb. trade stafford for hopefully a nice pick or some mid picks and a starter or something. 

13 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

You start by pointing out Madden is a game then quickly pivot to pointing out that if you play Madden you know FA’s mean nothing to a team. Then you tell fans what they should be doing. Things like making a stand, stop going to games.

In your last rant you attack a dead man whose accomplishments in life dwarf anything you’ll accomplish. 

Please follow your own advice and find a different team to cheer for. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

i dumped on them because they are the least talented team in the NFL. I dumped on them because they have been terrible drafters for how long now? and the two guys that were good that were easy picks...(Suh and Calvin) left and want nothing to do with the organization or the city. This team is a rock bottom and needs a new owner badly. Then a new GM. and all new coaching. Get rid of Stafford. Move Marvin. Only guys I see being talented (oviously they all are, I am saying for a team I'd personally like to see) are Kerryon, Golladay, and Ragnow. Still rather UCF CB Mike Hughes or  next superstar Lamar Jackson. It goes on year after year. Never a fun team to watch. Never a team I thinkk, Hey lets get some merch. I'd rather go to work on my Sunday then watch the Lions play. Don't understand why fans dont make a stand...unless you all like garbage football. and if youre unsure...that preseason was brutal...last year brutal..and I like the talk about Romeo Okwara. Lmao he led the team in sacks...and was not even wanted on a talentless Giants team...just so sad...and I'm still new to this to some. Im hoping for a bomb of a season so we can get a top pick for a qb. trade stafford for hopefully a nice pick or some mid picks and a starter or something. 

You are trying to say you think we would be better off with a QB who can't throw?  And to be honest the guys you mentioned have shown just as much or more than Mike Hughes who is coming off a serious knee injury.  Nobody is happy with the team and the lack of winning.  But to claim a guy with a 42 QBR with a 55% completion percentage is the answer doesn't help your case.   

I have been playing Madden since at least 2002. If I go by this metric, I have 17 years of NFL experience. Clearly I should have been in line for a FO job a long, long time ago.

It is absolutely fair criticism to critique the team for the inability to build rosters around superstar talent like Sanders, Calvin and Suh. If Calvin truly wanted out of Detroit to play for another team, he could have forced his way. Injuries were a huge factor in his retirement. The team did him dirty on the $1M but that's not why he isn't coming back to play. Suh got more money in a place that doesn't have an income tax. He chased the dollar. Had the Lions been on equal grounds, it's entirely possible he would have stayed with us and continued his career. Whether that would have been a good or bad thing is a different story.

There are so many cases of guys that got buried on a depth chart, benefited from a scheme change, vastly improved after they got NFL coaching, had maturity issues that needed to be cleaned up, etc. that found success with other teams like we did with Okwara.

The day that we trade Stafford is a day that Lions fans are going to regret, in my opinion. Assuming we get a haul of picks, we have to pick the right players. If another team values him like the Seahawks and Clowney, we'd get very little to show for it and look a fool if he balls out on another roster. We've see him do it here before and I fully expect he could do it somewhere else. If you put Stafford on a team like the Titans, they're likely 1a and 1b with the Texans for that division. Same deal if he goes to Denver (assuming Flacco doesn't work out).

10 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

You start by pointing out Madden is a game then quickly pivot to pointing out that if you play Madden you know FA’s mean nothing to a team. Then you tell fans what they should be doing. Things like making a stand, stop going to games.

In your last rant you attack a dead man whose accomplishments in life dwarf anything you’ll accomplish. 

Please follow your own advice and find a different team to cheer for. 

arguing with lions fans makes me chuckle 

On 9/4/2019 at 12:33 PM, Superduperman said:

Very true and I can respect pointing out negatives. 

However, pointing out a negative that hasn’t even happened yet is exactly what most people do outside footballsfuture. I hardly come to this part of the forum anymore because there’s way too much of that. 

I’m not saying come out and be all Lions Super Bowl!!! Rah rah rah but I’d love to have a place to talk football where I don’t have to see that much negativity.