Sign in to follow this  
Pastor Dillon

2019 Depth Chart

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m convinced we are going 11-5 and winning the division 

if we go 11-5 with this schedule I'll take back every single thing I said about Bill O'Brien.  At best I see us going 9-7.  Will that be good enough to win the division? 

24 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

if we go 11-5 with this schedule I'll take back every single thing I said about Bill O'Brien.

Quoted. I'll believe this when I see it. xD

11-5 is absolutely on the table, but so is 4-12... If we go 11-5, I'll say what I did when Kubiak once went 12-4: We're winning in spite of Kubiak, not because of Kubiak.

8 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Just FYI, we have 35 million in cap space currently 

That’s ear marked for Watson’s salary

22 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

That’s ear marked for Watson’s salary

We'll need to free up more for Tunsil, now.

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

We'll need to free up more for Tunsil, now.

Ya, we’re about to be cap strapped in a hurry...

I could see them approaching BMak for a restructure or pay cut. Especially with the ILB depth we have

Edited by lumberjackchris

We can give Watson a huge deal and not have to pay him 35 million. 

we have a projected 90 million in cap space for next year. That includes paying Fuller 10 million, which I doubt we do. It also has us taking a 15 million hit for JJ Watt, which I am almost certain we will renegotiate his deal, give him more years and save on his cap hit next year. 

Plus next year is only Watson's 4th, and we have a 5th year option after that. We are at the very least 2 seasons away from paying Watson and probably 3. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We can give Watson a huge deal and not have to pay him 35 million. 

we have a projected 90 million in cap space for next year. That includes paying Fuller 10 million, which I doubt we do. It also has us taking a 15 million hit for JJ Watt, which I am almost certain we will renegotiate his deal, give him more years and save on his cap hit next year. 

Plus next year is only Watson's 4th, and we have a 5th year option after that. We are at the very least 2 seasons away from paying Watson and probably 3. 

Were not waiting to extend Watson. If he plays well and continues to improve will lock him in to an extension next offseason. The price for QBs is only going to continue to rise.

Texans should grab CJ Anderson off the waiver wire (Lions cut him for Paul Perkins) and stash him.   Hyde has been impressive, but Anderson would be a solid in between the tackles/short yardage member of the committee as Taiwan Jones is a wasted roster spot right now (inactive both weeks I believe).  I know the Texans don't have anyone actually paying attention to anything farther than next week, but if Hyde gets hurt, we need a better option than a rookie BOb won't trust.  I don't see Duke as anything other than a passing threat, and hopefully we're going to need to ice some games on the ground in the next few weeks.