2019 Depth Chart

Pastor Dillon

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:31 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

I’m convinced we are going 11-5 and winning the division 

if we go 11-5 with this schedule I'll take back every single thing I said about Bill O'Brien.  At best I see us going 9-7.  Will that be good enough to win the division? 

24 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

if we go 11-5 with this schedule I'll take back every single thing I said about Bill O'Brien.

Quoted. I'll believe this when I see it. xD

11-5 is absolutely on the table, but so is 4-12... If we go 11-5, I'll say what I did when Kubiak once went 12-4: We're winning in spite of Kubiak, not because of Kubiak.

• Like 1

We can give Watson a huge deal and not have to pay him 35 million. 

we have a projected 90 million in cap space for next year. That includes paying Fuller 10 million, which I doubt we do. It also has us taking a 15 million hit for JJ Watt, which I am almost certain we will renegotiate his deal, give him more years and save on his cap hit next year. 

Plus next year is only Watson's 4th, and we have a 5th year option after that. We are at the very least 2 seasons away from paying Watson and probably 3. 

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

We can give Watson a huge deal and not have to pay him 35 million. 

we have a projected 90 million in cap space for next year. That includes paying Fuller 10 million, which I doubt we do. It also has us taking a 15 million hit for JJ Watt, which I am almost certain we will renegotiate his deal, give him more years and save on his cap hit next year. 

Plus next year is only Watson's 4th, and we have a 5th year option after that. We are at the very least 2 seasons away from paying Watson and probably 3. 

Were not waiting to extend Watson. If he plays well and continues to improve will lock him in to an extension next offseason. The price for QBs is only going to continue to rise.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Texans should grab CJ Anderson off the waiver wire (Lions cut him for Paul Perkins) and stash him.   Hyde has been impressive, but Anderson would be a solid in between the tackles/short yardage member of the committee as Taiwan Jones is a wasted roster spot right now (inactive both weeks I believe).  I know the Texans don't have anyone actually paying attention to anything farther than next week, but if Hyde gets hurt, we need a better option than a rookie BOb won't trust.  I don't see Duke as anything other than a passing threat, and hopefully we're going to need to ice some games on the ground in the next few weeks.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Any reason we made a change at punter? I didnt pay enough attention but was our punter bad?

I have no idea why. I saw nothing from Daniel that would warrant a switch to Anger. 

I think BOB is just making moves for the sake of making them now. He's operating this team like many of us do in fantasy, just streaming certain positions and sniffing the waiver wire like a bloodhound for anything.

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

I have no idea why. I saw nothing from Daniel that would warrant a switch to Anger. 

I think BOB is just making moves for the sake of making them now. He's operating this team like many of us do in fantasy, just streaming certain positions and sniffing the waiver wire like a bloodhound for anything.

Eh, Daniel was kind of driving me nuts last week especially with Logan Cooke on the other side as their near MVP burying us deep on every drive.  It was a field position game and Daniel was underwhelming in situations where we should have flipped the field.  Straight stats are always hard to judge on punters as it depends whether they are going for distance, backspin, angle, etc, but Daniel sucked on ones where he should have been booming em especially late where he hit a 43 yarder from our 27, a 39 yarder from our 31, and then 44 from our 27 and they all got returned, so the hang time even stunk.  There is little risk of a touchback from those spots, so those kicks should be topping 50 yards.  The one that really bothered me was our first drive on the 2nd half where he dinked a 35 yarder from our 40, which HAS to bury them inside their 20 if not 10. 

Daniel was bottom 5 last year and was bottom 7 so far this year.  Anger has a 46.2 yard career avg while Daniel is 43.5.   I applaud the Texans for paying attention to this detail as Anger has far more experience and a MUCH bigger leg. Anger really didn't get a fair shake during the preseason and I suspect we didn't want to guarantee his salary, so bringing him back after 2 weeks saves us a few bucks.  We also get to say we have the punter the Jags drafted before Russell Wilson.  

Edited by Apollo Stallion

Here are the details on Nick Martins deal 

It’s basically a 2 year deal worth 18 million. 

We can cut him in 2 years and only take a cap hit of 2.5 million. 

We can cut him after 3 years for a 1.25 million  

his salary cap hit is not that high

2019: 7.7

2020: 8.75

2021: 8.75

2022: 9.25

all that is perfectly doable because it lines up with rookie deals for Howard and Scharping. 

Tunsil is about to get PAID big money but our line will still be fairly cheap all things considered. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It’s basically a 2 year deal worth 18 million. 

We can cut him in 2 years and only take a cap hit of 2.5 million. 

We can cut him after 3 years for a 1.25 million  

his salary cap hit is not that high

2019: 7.7

2020: 8.75

2021: 8.75

2022: 9.25

This actually makes me feel better on this deal.

On 9/17/2019 at 7:01 PM, Apollo Stallion said:

Texans should grab CJ Anderson off the waiver wire (Lions cut him for Paul Perkins) and stash him.   Hyde has been impressive, but Anderson would be a solid in between the tackles/short yardage member of the committee as Taiwan Jones is a wasted roster spot right now (inactive both weeks I believe).  I know the Texans don't have anyone actually paying attention to anything farther than next week, but if Hyde gets hurt, we need a better option than a rookie BOb won't trust.  I don't see Duke as anything other than a passing threat, and hopefully we're going to need to ice some games on the ground in the next few weeks.  

• Like 1