The Practice Squad 2019

WindyCity

8 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Mizzel must be the absolute best at remembering Nagy's coffee preference.

RT @AdamHoge: You guys have to remember that the practice squad guys are there to provide scout looks and depth. Mizzell can play multiple positions so that versatility helps on scout team. The practice squad isn’t just a place to stash guys for development.

He's not wrong.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Alright boys. We got a squad.   Let's make this run.  

Best Bears team in 34 years.  I am thinking some reading this aren't even 34 years old.

Many......or even knew who George Halas was except by name.

The Trib has been doing a nice job selecting the top 100 Bears players in history with a nice bio on each to help readers familiarize themselves with the guy behind the name.  Many are HOF'ers and many others should be.

Given the proud history of this franchise it was a cryin' shame the way it was allowed to deteriorate due to poor management the way it was but I sense those days are over now.  GMcC has put his faith and trust wholly in Ryan Pace and it's begun to work.  It appears that the Bears are back in town and more like the old Monsters of the Midway than ever.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, soulman said:

GMcC has put his faith and trust wholly in Ryan Pace and it's begun to work.  It appears that the Bears are back in town and more like the old Monsters of the Midway than ever.

Expanding on this just a bit more what anyone would find when researching the history of the team is that when Halas wanted a certain player or players he went out and got them by whatever means he had to thereby keeping his teams at or near the top of the heap annually.

Now it's up to Pace to do much the same but in an era where it takes more than just a better offer and the force of will Halas displayed to get it done.  To see that we need look no farther than the trade for Kahlil Mack.  GSH was grinning ear to ear looking down on that one.

• Like 1

Sports Mockery is saying that there's a correction to the news that Mizzell made the PS... That Mizzell WAS actually cut in favor of Vaughters-OLB

It's Sports Mockery, so take it with a grain of salt.... but that would be pretty damn satisfying result, if true.. and the only player I'd really be upset about is Bunting, but he apparently already got a job on the Jets PS (and a number of other PS offers)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Epyon said:

Sports Mockery is saying that there's a correction to the news that Mizzell made the PS... That Mizzell WAS actually cut in favor of Vaughters-OLB

It's Sports Mockery, so take it with a grain of salt.... but that would be pretty damn satisfying result, if true.. and the only player I'd really be upset about is Bunting, but he apparently already got a job on the Jets PS (and a number of other PS offers)

Yeah he's signed for the Saints. Thought he had his name on a locker at Halas Hall? So wonder if we were intending to have him on the PS but he's decided to go to New Orleans.

3 hours ago, Epyon said:

To be honest I'm more enthused about Horstead's upside than Bunting's.

Where we seem weakest at TE is needing someone to back Burton as a move TE.  Currently Braunecker is listed that way on the depth chart and he does have very good athletic ability but much like Wims did last preseason Horstead showed some rather unique ability as a receiver and unlike Bunting he was a top shelf college player as well setting records at Princeton as a WR.

Had Bunting not been picked up by the Jets we may have kept him on the PS as well but of the two I think we have the better guy for our own needs.  I like what I saw Horstead do.

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

....yes sir...

You responded rather quickly for someone using dial up. Lol. 

LOL.  Now I am thinking of AOL and waiting 5 minutes for a single web page to load. 

Oh worse now I am thinking of my old Commodore 64.  To play a game you had to code it in.  I still remember the one you would use for disks.

Load "*" ,8,1 

Larry Bird Dr. J One on One was pretty bad *** though. 

• Like 2