Whitehair officially gets extension

beardown3231

34 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

That was the one we were all waiting for, now we can wait for maybe Bush, Flo, and maybe RRH.

Bush will leave and get a solid deal in FA. I can't see a Floyd extension. I could see him having a huge year and Pace trading him in the spring. RRH might be doable.

29 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Bush will leave and get a solid deal in FA. I can't see a Floyd extension. I could see him having a huge year and Pace trading him in the spring. RRH might be doable.

Anything long term would be problematic, for sure. Especially with Trubisky and Daniels new deals on the horizon. Not to mention what to do with the WRs...

36 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I would be surprised if one of Bush or HHCD isn’t resigned. 4 of our 5 Safeties are FAs this season, no way Pace let’s all of them walk.

• Like 1

I rarely make prediction so this isn't one, LOL.  It's just an opinion.

Bush looked solid in preseason and should see some time playing in this defense.  HHC-D, provided he resurrects his faltering career, will be far more expensive to keep.  IMHO Pace will keep Bush around while drafting or signing (FA) more Safety depth.

Floyd's fate is entirely in his hands.  If he explodes this year Pace will have little choice but to extend him in lieu of paying him based on his 5th year option.  We have no quality depth at OLB so make a choice.  Do we keep Floyd or hunt down a FA OLB like GB did and pay just as much or more?  Floyd will be extended unless somehow he blows it.  JMHO

30 minutes ago, pigsooie5 said:

I would be surprised if one of Bush or HHCD isn’t resigned. 4 of our 5 Safeties are FAs this season, no way Pace let’s all of them walk.

I would be. The cap is super tight in 2020 and you are about to make Jackson one of the highest paid safeties in the league.

If you rank guys

Jackson

Floyd

Cohen

RRH

Bush

HHCD

The safeties are pretty low.

12 minutes ago, soulman said:

Floyd's fate is entirely in his hands.  If he explodes this year Pace will have little choice but to extend him in lieu of paying him based on his 5th year option.  We have no quality depth at OLB so make a choice.  Do we keep Floyd or hunt down a FA OLB like GB did and pay just as much or more?  Floyd will be extended unless somehow he blows it.  JMHO

It depends on how big his contract would be. When we debated a Floyd extension a while back, I spitballed that it might be entirely possible the Bears could bet him at a decent price. If he demands (or deserves) big time pass rusher money, Pace simply can't do it, as the Mack salary is so huge. We'd have to go younger and cheaper, even if it took multiple picks and a drop-off in play. 

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It depends on how big his contract would be. When we debated a Floyd extension a while back, I spitballed that it might be entirely possible the Bears could bet him at a decent price. If he demands (or deserves) big time pass rusher money, Pace simply can't do it, as the Mack salary is so huge. We'd have to go younger and cheaper, even if it took multiple picks and a drop-off in play. 

I would estimate at or less than his option price on average but as with Whitehair the trade off is a healthy guarantee.

Cody's AAV isn't top dollar but his guaranteed money is and that's how we can keep his cap costs down a bit.

If Pace makes Floyd a fair offer with decent guarantees he'll have to decide whether or not he wants to remain a Bear because Pace is not gonna chase him down and plead with him to take it.  For all we know he could be talking with Floyd's agent already since he may be next in line.

Gotta do something about that $13 mil 2020 option tag.

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Anything long term would be problematic, for sure. Especially with Trubisky and Daniels new deals on the horizon. Not to mention what to do with the WRs...

Daniels won't be paid for another 2 or 3 years. The deals to be concerned about now are Jackson & maybe Trubisky and Cohen

1 hour ago, soulman said:

I rarely make prediction so this isn't one, LOL.  It's just an opinion.

Bush looked solid in preseason and should see some time playing in this defense.  HHC-D, provided he resurrects his faltering career, will be far more expensive to keep.  IMHO Pace will keep Bush around while drafting or signing (FA) more Safety depth.

If Floyd explodes he's going to command a deal in the ballpark of $15M per. No way Pace pays him that. I can see him dealing Floyd in the offseason for a 2 and a 4 or a 3 and a 3 or something like that.

• Like 1