Whitehair officially gets extension

beardown3231

4 minutes ago, SLCbear said:

Whats with all the Bush love ??? No sex ref, just wondering why y'all think he's some integtal part of the plan moving forward ? I don't see it

He's improved every year and was decent in limited time last year. Despite it being vs teams' 2s and 3s this August, he's looked very good and very confident. Another team might pluck him away from the Bears in FA similarly to Amos to GB or Callahan to DEN because of the team in front of him.

Furthermore the Bears have not only built quite the defense but also a great culture. Teams value that and try to copy that and the best way to do it is to nab their players and coaches.

Lastly if Bush does play this and does well play, the Bears won't be able to afford him with huge extensions in the next year or two. It's just how it goes.

Edited by beardown3231

56 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He's improved every year and was decent in limited time last year. Despite it being vs teams' 2s and 3s this August, he's looked very good and very confident. 

There were times it was clear he was the best player on the field. (Amongst the 2s and 3s)...

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

If Floyd explodes he's going to command a deal in the ballpark of $15M per. No way Pace pays him that. I can see him dealing Floyd in the offseason for a 2 and a 4 or a 3 and a 3 or something like that.

OK, so your opinion is different than my opinion.  Eventually we'll know who was more correct.

But lemme ask you this.  He's paying an OG $10.5 mil per year with $27 mil gtd.  What makes you think he wouldn't pay an Edge Rusher $15 mil?  Just a decade ago or so only QBs got that kind of money and top defenders like Urlacher made $8 mil.  Now they get $15-$20 mil annually and the QBs get $25-$30 mil.

As the cap increases salaries increase and the new CBA may expand upon that even more.  So I'm one who won't say never.  Been around too long for that.  :D

1 hour ago, soulman said:

OK, so your opinion is different than my opinion.  Eventually we'll know who was more correct.

But lemme ask you this.  He's paying an OG $10.5 mil per year with $27 mil gtd.  What makes you think he wouldn't pay an Edge Rusher $15 mil?  Just a decade ago or so only QBs got that kind of money and top defenders like Urlacher made $8 mil.  Now they get $15-$20 mil annually and the QBs get $25-$30 mil.

As the cap increases salaries increase and the new CBA may expand upon that even more.  So I'm one who won't say never.  Been around too long for that.  :D

No need to get your panties in a wad, dude. I didn't say your opinion was stupid or anything; I just simply disagreed with it. He's already paying Mack a ton of money. While pass rushers are ultra important I can't see him sinking $37M+ a year into the OLB spot, especially when Floyd has dealt with a ton of injuries including a few of the brain. Citing the cap rising is fine but the contracts are also getting bigger and bigger so it kind of evens out. That's all

(btw he's paying an OG $9M a year, not $10.5 :) )

Edited by beardown3231

26 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

No need to get your panties in a wad, dude. I didn't say your opinion was stupid or anything; I just simply disagreed with it. He's already paying Mack a ton of money. While pass rushers are ultra important I can't see him sinking $37M+ a year into the OLB spot, especially when Floyd has dealt with a ton of injuries including a few of the brain. Citing the cap rising is fine but the contracts are also getting bigger and bigger so it kind of evens out. That's all

(btw he's paying an OG $9M a year, not $10.5 :) )

If you think that was me getting my panties in a wad you need to hang around me more often when I do.  Bring blast protection gear.  evilgrin0007.gif

Also, since I'm well over 40 I can go commando now. No panties needed or desired.  I gave up cross dressing as well.  Way too expensive.  Don't know how women can even afford to clothe themselves.  The prices for nice stuff is just ridiculous.  I tell you it's criminal what an underwire bra costs for a 43" chest.  icon_rofl.gif

Yes you did disagree with my opinion, and I disagreed with yours then gave my reasoning. No more, no less.

And.....Cody Whitehair's extension has an AAV of $10.5 mil. a_takethatfoo.gif

bears.pngCody Whitehair

Guard Age: 27 Exp: 4 Years
Drafted: Round 2 (#56 overall), 2016 College: Kansas State Agent(s): Jeff Nalley (CAA Sports)

• Current Contract

Cody Whitehair signed a 5 year, $52,500,000 contract with the Chicago Bears, including $27,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $10,500,000. In 2019, Whitehair will earn a base salary of $1,026,077, while carrying a cap hit of $1,344,180.

Of note is that Spotrac pegged Cody's MV at $11.4 mil AAV so by moving now and awarding him a high guarantee we ended up saving a few bucks over the long haul.  Nice work again by Pace and Laine.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/cody-whitehair-19005/market-value/

Edited by soulman

1 minute ago, soulman said:

If you think that was me getting my panties in a wad you need to hang around me more often when I do.  Bring blast protection gear.  evilgrin0007.gif

Also, since I'm well over 40 I can go commando now. No panties needed or desired.  I gave up cross dressing as well.  Way too expensive.  Don't know how women can even afford to clothe themselves.  The prices for nice stuff is just ridiculous.  I tell you it's criminal what an underwire bra costs for a 43" chest.  icon_rofl.gif

Yes you did disagree with my opinion, and I disagreed with yours then gave my reasoning. No more, no less.

And.....Cody Whitehair's extension has an AAV of $10.5 mil. a_takethatfoo.gif

bears.pngCody Whitehair

Guard Age: 27 Exp: 4 Years
Drafted: Round 2 (#56 overall), 2016 College: Kansas State Agent(s): Jeff Nalley (CAA Sports)

• Current Contract

Cody Whitehair signed a 5 year, $52,500,000 contract with the Chicago Bears, including $27,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $10,500,000. In 2019, Whitehair will earn a base salary of $1,026,077, while carrying a cap hit of $1,344,180.

Of note is that Spotrac pegged Cody's MV at $11.4 mil AAV so by moving now and awarding him a high guarantee we ended up saving a few bucks over the long haul.  Nice work again by Pace and Laine.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/cody-whitehair-19005/market-value/

But he had a final year left meaning the deal is 6 years, $54M

:)

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

But he had a final year left meaning the deal is 6 years, $54M

:)

And according to that info he is playing 2019 under the terms of his rookie deal. So his new deal is for 5 years and begins in 2020 under the terms listed.  If that should change Spotrac would reflect it but so far they haven't and that's the best info we have to go by.

Whatta ya' think.  That I just make this stuff up for fun just so I can debate with you? mad0228.gificon_rofl.gif

17e36c0a30244a99087d86b8e8f129f650611584

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

In 2019, Whitehair will earn a base salary of $1,026,077, while carrying a cap hit of $1,344,180.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

We need to see the updated contract. Paying him 1.5 million in 2019 would be a waste considering they have 20 million in space to work with.

Pace has never done that before.

In all previous extensions the player has gotten a year 1 pay bump in the reorganization of the money.

I doubt Sportrac has the details. The NFL won’t see it till today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

We need to see the updated contract. Paying him 1.5 million in 2019 would be a waste considering they have 20 million in space to work with.

Pace has never done that before.

In all previous extensions the player has gotten a year 1 pay bump in the reorganization of the money.

I doubt Sportrac has the details. The NFL won’t see it till today.

In all likelihood he'll get his signing bonus and that may change the numbers a bit if a portion of it is added to the 2019 cap.

We may not see the rest of it immediately.  Spotrac data has been known to lag a bit.  I'll keep watching.

19 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Seeing what Houston is going through to try to build an O line feeling really fortunate.

And what we've gone through as well until more recently.

On the whole there are not a whole lot of NFL ready OL coming out of college.  I feel we got very lucky with both Whitehair and Daniels.