Saints trade for LB Kiko Alonso

saintsfan

11 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

How so? It looks like he is coming off possibly his best statistical season in the NFL and is only 29 years old. I didn't catch many Dolphins games last year so maybe I'm missing something, but I always thought Kiko was a pretty talented player.

Outpost said it best; "Kiko Alonso has 10 interceptions and 7 forced fumbles in his career and he has played on three teams, about to be four teams because he sucks.  He is literally the Lavar Arrington of his time doing whatever the hell he feels like doing and getting forced fumbles and interceptions by being nowhere near where he's supposed to be, but he's fast, and fans love that."

He's not a bad option to bring in against speedy packages, to be fair. 

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

How so? It looks like he is coming off possibly his best statistical season in the NFL and is only 29 years old. I didn't catch many Dolphins games last year so maybe I'm missing something, but I always thought Kiko was a pretty talented player.

Not sure how he played in the other 14 games but Josh Allen made him his ***** and he still looks as lost in coverage as he did as a rookie.

Dolphins aren't losing anyone of significance here.

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Not sure how he played in the other 14 games but Josh Allen made him his  and he still looks as lost in coverage as he did as a rookie.

Dolphins aren't losing anyone of significance here.

Attempts to circumvent the profanity filter are frowned upon. 

• Like 2

Kiko was solid in Miami but was regressing. You then add in the ascension of Jerome Baker and progression of Raekwon McMillan, two younger linebackers, to go along with Kiko not being much of a fit in Flores' defense. Will miss that edge he gave the D, I will not miss the constant head-hunting of players causing penalties.

37 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

He's solid, but Josh Allen took his lunch money. I think Kiko swore that he'd never play a divisional rivalry game again, and that's why he got traded away.

Seems like the Dolphins are in full on, "sell anything that's not bolted down" mode.  Makes sense for them to just dish Kiko off for whatever you can get at this point.  Get some other players some reps and see what develops.  Biegel probably amounts to nothing for them, but he seemed to have some upside coming out of the draft.  Who knows.  Kiko wasn't moving the needle for Miami this year either way, and clearly wasn't going to be around for the future.  Doesn't hurt to just move on.

Kiko is a fit for a 4-3 MLB mold. He struggled in a 3-4 ILB spot because he does what he wants. I think with dolphins not knowing their identity on defense he was a person to let go, as he made it clear he did not want to be in a rebuild. My main issue with this guy is he is trash with his dirty hits and unnecessary things. He has issues in coverage and does not take blame for it and you can see his frustration gets taken out on guys with dirty plays. Hopefully for saints fans he is simply a depth move and nothing more.

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't mind losing Alonso, he's an ok player but a penalty magnet, but I'd have liked to get a pick in return. Doesn't sound like anyone has any thoughts on this beagle guy

I honestly thought he was a rookie this year until I saw he was apparently on our team last year too lol 

i think it’s just a guy 

Edited by Dome

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I don't mind losing Alonso, he's an ok player but a penalty magnet, but I'd have liked to get a pick in return. Doesn't sound like anyone has any thoughts on this beagle guy

He's all bark, no bite..

Takes the lead...

I'll get my coat.

• Like 2