So I guess Trent Williams must be worth (2) first round picks minimum, right?

aceinthehouse

Apparently, Houston set the bar for a good not great LT. They traded (2) firsts & a 2nd round pick for LT L. Tunsil & 2 players.

Keep in mind that Tunsil is young, but has ZERO pro bowls to his resume.

So if Tunsil is worth that?

What is a 31 yr old 7x pro bowl Hall of Famer worth?

Cause that's what we have. Sure, he has an injury history & he's 31.

But I can't imagine his worth, being less than what Miami received.

If this is the case, what the HELL is Bruce Allen doing?

If Trent Williams isn't starting by week 1, or traded before the trade deadline of this season?

Bruce Allen TRULY needs to be fired!! But that's not what this thread is about.

So again, I ask...

Is Trent Williams value two 1st Rd picks now, if your on the phone with teams because of the Tunsil trade?

Houston is being run by their coach and are currently being fleeced by everyone. It’s similar to the Joe Gibbs situation where other teams were taking advantage of him and stealing draft picks. I still think you can get a first for Trent but the Texans were our best opportunity for a haul. 

• Like 3

If Trent was our starting LT, I wouldn't be so ticked off, like I am right now.

But the dude has, but 1 foot already out the door & we are sitting on our hands AGAIN!

Just like the Kirk Cousins situation. He didn't want to be here, either.

We're gonna screw this up & be lucky to net a 2nd round pick for a player, who much better at blocking & smoking gas masks...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Houston is being run by their coach and are currently being fleeced by everyone. It’s similar to the Joe Gibbs situation where other teams were taking advantage of him and stealing draft picks. I still think you can get a first for Trent but the Texans were our best opportunity for a haul. 

Maybe the Chargers bc of Russell Okung’s blood clots. Then, the Browns will probably realize they need a LT better than Greg Robinson to protect Baker after he’s running for his life in week 1.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Apparently, Houston set the bar for a good not great LT. They traded (2) firsts & a 2nd round pick for LT L. Tunsil & 2 players.

Keep in mind that Tunsil is young, but has ZERO pro bowls to his resume.

So if Tunsil is worth that?

What is a 31 yr old 7x pro bowl Hall of Famer worth?

Cause that's what we have. Sure, he has an injury history & he's 31.

But I can't imagine his worth, being less than what Miami received.

If this is the case, what the HELL is Bruce Allen doing?

If Trent Williams isn't starting by week 1, or traded before the trade deadline of this season?

Bruce Allen TRULY needs to be fired!! But that's not what this thread is about.

So again, I ask...

Is Trent Williams value two 1st Rd picks now, if your on the phone with teams because of the Tunsil trade?

No, he is not.  And the reasons why, you've already provided most of them.  He's 31, which is old in NFL years.  He has an injury history, and hasn't played a full season since 2013.  He's taken away any leverage the team has with the statements from his camp that he is not going to play.  Finally, he wants a new contract.  

So, any team that is trading for him has to realize that, they are getting a 31 year old player, who is consistently banged up and need a depth player behind him, and is likely going to have to provide a new contract to pay Williams top 5 LT money.  

As I said when all of this started, a fourth and a sixth rounder was a likely deal, with a conditional third being the most they could get, and I'm not budging from that.  Besides which, Allen won't trade him and would rather let him sit on the restricted list or retire.  

• Like 1

Well, clearly we could have gotten a sweet deal out of Houston.  But Tunsil had some advantages, his cap hit is non existent this season and only 10 next season.  So that is one reason why you might pay more in terms of draft picks.

Cap space has to be an issue.  Trent Williams only plays for a team who can pay him, so that removes a lot of the options.

I think it is hard to measure worth this close to the season.  Without a LT getting a major injury in the next couple weeks, I think most teams are comfortable with what they got.  

I am glad the front office isn't running their mouths about this situation, but I sure hope behind the scenes they are willing to move him because at this point I don't even want him back.

8 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Yeah we have no leverage because he doesnt want to be here

He hurt his own trade value. I am with bruce on this one let him sit out his contract.

Trent knows if he sits out a year (or two) his value will be nowhere near what it is now as far as getting a new deal.

We can only hope Bruce learned from the Kirk situation that you can only force a player to be here for so long, and in the end getting nothing back for that player is foolish. 

It’s a ridiculous game of chicken where the two biggest losers are the team and its fans. Trent has plenty of money and Bruce somehow has plenty of job security. As always, the smart money is on Bruce being foolish. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

Trent knows if he sits out a year (or two) his value will be nowhere near what it is now as far as getting a new deal.

We can only hope Bruce learned from the Kirk situation that you can only force a player to be here for so long, and in the end getting nothing back for that player is foolish. 

It’s a ridiculous game of chicken where the two biggest losers are the team and its fans. Trent has plenty of money and Bruce somehow has plenty of job security. As always, the smart money is on Bruce being foolish. 

bruce doesnt care

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

For a 3rd rounder im not letting him go

He can lose money and hurt his chances of a big contract