Cody Whitehair 5 Year Extension

base615

36 minutes ago, fortdetroit said:

How are they going to afford the rest of their team in a year or two with all the extensions they have coming up (Trubisky, Jackson, Cohen, etc)?

Cohen isnt likely to break the bank, Tru and Bojack are the big ones.  Bojack is probably going to be the highest paid S in the league next year.  The good news is we can free up quite a bit of space with some sensible cuts.  It's a matter of "is the replacement already on the roster?"

Coupla things.

1. I dunno why Hunter21 hatez the interwebz, cuz if we did not post inane meaningless drivel the net would shrink to one tenth of its current size. Mebbe smaller than that... certainly smaller than that.

2. For interior offensive linemen, I have Zack Martin and Quenton Nelson as the top two, with Nick better. Nelson, being younger, can conceivably pass Martin's peak. As a hater of all things Notre Dame since 1978, when they played the dirtiest game ever in the history of the sport, this makes me a sad panda.

3. I like Daniels' potential a lot. I think the money is a bit too rich for Whitehair, but he was paid it by the people who see a lot more of him than I do. So I defer.

4. Glad Whitehair is playing his natural position of guard. He played too much tackle in college and too much center in the pros.

5. Can't say Tru has proven anything yet. Hopefully for him he was just shaking some rust off and will start slinging the ball downfield. Otherwise he could go down the Sam Bradford 2.0 glide path.