Practice squad

Dome

Sucks Davenport came in out of shape, hopefully this offseason was a wakeup call that he can't get away with doing things the way he used to and uses as a learning experience to stay in better shape year round.  Doesn't need to be peak performance, but can't slip as far as he did.

4 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Is there a way to sneak Davenport on the practice squad while his fat butt gets in shape? Sheesh. What a waste. Not enough time gets put into the mental makeup of prospects.

Has he been that bad this preseason?  I thought he looked solid last year in the regular season and honestly that D is dependent on him becoming a dominating end opposite Jordan.  sure they got a strong interior with Brown and Rankins but they need another solid DE.  If it is not Davenport then who is it?  

How did Porter Gustin not make the practice squad for them, much less Corbin Kaufusi?

Edited by Ozzy

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 5:08 PM, Ozzy said:

Has he been that bad this preseason?  I thought he looked solid last year in the regular season and honestly that D is dependent on him becoming a dominating end opposite Jordan.  sure they got a strong interior with Brown and Rankins but they need another solid DE.  If it is not Davenport then who is it?  

How did Porter Gustin not make the practice squad for them, much less Corbin Kaufusi?

So far it sure seems like Hendrickson is the DE opposite of Jordan. It looks like he took the offense getting in shape and improving his craft....meanwhile Davenport did none of that. I'm tired of seeing the injury excuse...when was the last time that Jordan got injured? The guy takes care of his body. What's frustrating is that sure that Jordan invited Davenport to train...but Davenport being the odd, schizoid guy he is decided to play video games and get fat instead. He looks like he stepped back from last year...worse conditioned and plays even higher. It certainly doesn't seem like he wants to be great. I hope I'm wrong...but boy this is not looking good. I hope the light can go off like Akiem Hicks...but Hicks was a 3rd round pick...Davenport cost two 1st round picks.

34 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

So far it sure seems like Hendrickson is the DE opposite of Jordan. It looks like he took the offense getting in shape and improving his craft....meanwhile Davenport did none of that. I'm tired of seeing the injury excuse...when was the last time that Jordan got injured? The guy takes care of his body. What's frustrating is that sure that Jordan invited Davenport to train...but Davenport being the odd, schizoid guy he is decided to play video games and get fat instead. He looks like he stepped back from last year...worse conditioned and plays even higher. It certainly doesn't seem like he wants to be great. I hope I'm wrong...but boy this is not looking good. I hope the light can go off like Akiem Hicks...but Hicks was a 3rd round pick...Davenport cost two 1st round picks.

There is no injury excuse for Davenport this year is there?  Also after a mostly strong rookie season maybe Davenport thought he could coast and got fat.  Hopefully losing out to Hendrickson lights a fire under him and it motivates him to get in shape and stay in shape.

4 hours ago, Raves said:

There is no injury excuse for Davenport this year is there?  Also after a mostly strong rookie season maybe Davenport thought he could coast and got fat.  Hopefully losing out to Hendrickson lights a fire under him and it motivates him to get in shape and stay in shape.

I thought Davenport was listed as a starter right now.  Maybe I’m wrong.

The guy was 6-6 264 at the combine and ran a 4.58 40.  Mind you at times at UTEP I think he was 220 to be honest especially early on.  How could this guy just balloon up like that?  He does realize this is his life right?  All you have to do is stay in shape, eat well, take care of your body and play/prepare for football, it is not that hard.