Week 1 GDT: The Season is HERE! BUF @ NYJ

Trentwannabe

Sloppy game all around. You guys were right about McDermott though, clearly the best coach today. 

Both our young QBs looked bad, though, Allen deserves credit for getting the job done. Our defense didn't look the same without Mosley. 

Hopefully we get a meaningful rematch week 17!

37 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

1-0 in the most ugliest fashion ever.

Mosesly going down changed their defense just enough to finally give us a running game. Its no coincidence that Allen played better once we could run the ball to.

My brother is a huge Jet fan so the Canadian in me feels empathy for their fan base right now. But Bell and Darnold will lead that team to a lot of wins if they aren't playing our defense lol.

I'm sure Mosely helped. But I think their dline wore down. Only having 5 dlinemen they were probably exhausted by 4th quarter. And I don't think we weren't able to run... Just we weren't running. We really didn't test their run defense until late in 3rd quarter

57 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Remember how Jets fans were saying we had NO weapons? However you want to answer that, John Brown and Devin Singletary looked like legit weapons for us. Knox and moreso Sweeney made some nice plays for rookies in the first game.

Beasley looked good in the first half, invisible in the second half. Vice versa for Zay Jones. Hopefully we can get Foster involved more. 

Defense was dominant. Not one bad thing to say about them.

Knox had one catch for one yard?

30 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I'm sure Mosely helped. But I think their dline wore down. Only having 5 dlinemen they were probably exhausted by 4th quarter. And I don't think we weren't able to run... Just we weren't running. We really didn't test their run defense until late in 3rd quarter

How could we wear them down if we weren't running the ball at them? lol

We weren't running but we also couldn't. Gore getting stuffed for the safety was bad as were a few other times we tried it.

Singletary should be a focal point for next week.

19 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

How could we wear them down if we weren't running the ball at them? lol

We weren't running but we also couldn't. Gore getting stuffed for the safety was bad as were a few other times we tried it.

Singletary should be a focal point for next week.

Well the first carry with Gore went for 9 yards.

But I think us passing so much tired the defensive line. The weren't being wearing them down but we let them wear themselves down trying to pass rush the QB. A dlinemen has to use way more energy to try to get to the QB then just stuff a run play.

57 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

I was wondering where the hell Quinen Williams was all game, must have missed him getting hurt early. Singletary looks good, if you guys can get him rolling should always be competitive with that defense 

The defense as expected carried them I know this was going to be the factor for the bills in winning this game. It was disappointing to see another beasley drop turn into an interception. I hope that does not continue to happen through out the season as it did in preseason week 3. I think Singletary has the vision and elusiveness but damn that dude has no speed burst. He reminds me of a gore/shady had a baby it was singletary. The oline is still a concern and I just hope its because of the two top 5 picks in Williams/Williams that caused them to not move much in the trenches. 

Allen getting called for 4 turnovers is a joke but it is what it is. Mitch Morse was the cause for the 2nd fumble, beasley was for the int, the 2nd was batted at the line, dawkins getting manhandled during the 1st fumble was part to blame but that should have been better protected by allen. He made some nice throw away plays that is something he wouldnt have done last year but he is still making some bone head plays which he needs to grow from. Im hoping next week the offense cleans up and the defense continues to shine. 

Gase continues to do what he did in Miami which should be something Jet fans need to watch out for and its the constant 2-5 yd dump passes. Not saying it didnt work but his offense in Miami was consistently the same. It may hurt Darnolds development long term with this but I could be wrong as I am no QB guru. I was expecting Darnold to come out more aggressively with his passes like he did his rookie year by taking more mid range to deep passes but it seemed out of the 40+ passes only a handful were 10+ yards. I was also disappointed with Daboll not taking advantage of the deep threat, you can tell that John Brown was working Trumaine and could have had a few deep bomb attempts.

57 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

The defense as expected carried them I know this was going to be the factor for the bills in winning this game. It was disappointing to see another beasley drop turn into an interception. I hope that does not continue to happen through out the season as it did in preseason week 3. I think Singletary has the vision and elusiveness but damn that dude has no speed burst. He reminds me of a gore/shady had a baby it was singletary. The oline is still a concern and I just hope its because of the two top 5 picks in Williams/Williams that caused them to not move much in the trenches. 

Allen getting called for 4 turnovers is a joke but it is what it is. Mitch Morse was the cause for the 2nd fumble, beasley was for the int, the 2nd was batted at the line, dawkins getting manhandled during the 1st fumble was part to blame but that should have been better protected by allen. He made some nice throw away plays that is something he wouldnt have done last year but he is still making some bone head plays which he needs to grow from. Im hoping next week the offense cleans up and the defense continues to shine. 

Gase continues to do what he did in Miami which should be something Jet fans need to watch out for and its the constant 2-5 yd dump passes. Not saying it didnt work but his offense in Miami was consistently the same. It may hurt Darnolds development long term with this but I could be wrong as I am no QB guru. I was expecting Darnold to come out more aggressively with his passes like he did his rookie year by taking more mid range to deep passes but it seemed out of the 40+ passes only a handful were 10+ yards. I was also disappointed with Daboll not taking advantage of the deep threat, you can tell that John Brown was working Trumaine and could have had a few deep bomb attempts.

Its the INTs that didn't count that have me worried.

Though I will disagree and say even though Dawkins got beat off the edge, Allen has to feel that pressure and hold the ball better. I think next week we could see a lot of deep passes. NYG have been playing cover 2 almost all day against Dallas. 

59 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Quality contributing post. Thanks so much for pointing that out, my mistake. Knox played well for a starting rook regardless of his one catch stat line.

It was an honest contribution. I was wondering what nice plays he made because all I saw was one catch for a yard. I have Knox and Sweeney on my dynasty team so if you think I’m here to bash them I’m not. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

lol so? 

We still sucked at running the ball today until Singletary entered with coincided with Mosley leaving the game.

My point being is that we don't know if we could have run on them with Mosely. We had very few run before that point. It's not like he was stopping us. We just didn't try it. Game plan was obviously to get Josh Allen going early. I think if we got Singletary the ball earlier that we would have been successful with or without Mosely.