Week 1 GDT: The Season is HERE! BUF @ NYJ

Trentwannabe

1 minute ago, marshawn lynch said:

My point being is that we don't know if we could have run on them with Mosely. We had very few run before that point. It's not like he was stopping us. We just didn't try it. Game plan was obviously to get Josh Allen going early. I think if we got Singletary the ball earlier that we would have been successful with or without Mosely.

Mosely was/is the soul of that defense today. Him going out changed the entire dynamic of their play calling and how effectively they lined up. I think part of the reason we weren't running much was because we weren't doing it very successfully when we tried. 

No doubt the gameplan was to get Josh Allen throwing and some easy completions but  I also believe the Bills knew running inside was no easy task today. 

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Mosely was/is the soul of that defense today. Him going out changed the entire dynamic of their play calling and how effectively they lined up. I think part of the reason we weren't running much was because we weren't doing it very successfully when we tried. 

No doubt the gameplan was to get Josh Allen throwing and some easy completions but  I also believe the Bills knew running inside was no easy task today. 

But my thing is that we weren't unsuccessful when we ran either... It was just way to small of a sample size to know what we could have done. Our RBs only had 3 carries in the first half for 4 yards a carry which is average. We weren't unsuccessful in our small sample size. We just didn't. Allen checked out of a lot of run plays on the first two drives based on the looks the defense was giving him. I applaud Josh for that. I didn't see him to that a lot last season and it made him looked way more in command of the offense.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

But my thing is that we weren't unsuccessful when we ran either... It was just way to small of a sample size to know what we could have done. Our RBs only had 3 carries in the first half for 4 yards a carry which is average. We weren't unsuccessful in our small sample size. We just didn't. Allen checked out of a lot of run plays on the first two drives based on the looks the defense was giving him. I applaud Josh for that. I didn't see him to that a lot last season and it made him looked way more in command of the offense.

That is fair. But I still would like to know from Dabolls perspective how much was not wanting to run vs. not feeling they could.

Next week I suspect we come out throwing again as Dak just torched the Giants for 400 yards and 4 TDs

4 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

This win speaks volumes.. We will handle adversity with a top defense and Josh Allen just wins games

The bold is such an underrated part of Josh Allens game.

Its not always sexy but he now has 4 4th quarter comebacks in his career and today went 8-10 102 yards, 1 pass and 1 rush TD in the 4th. 

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

The bold is such an underrated part of Josh Allens game.

Its not always sexy but he now has 4 4th quarter comebacks in his career and today went 8-10 102 yards, 1 pass and 1 rush TD in the 4th. 

we had no business being in this game. Josh is gonna get alot of mulligans because our defense is THAT good. He can play his game. This Jets team will be solid and we looked superior a lot of the time

5 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

we had no business being in this game. Josh is gonna get alot of mulligans because our defense is THAT good. He can play his game. This Jets team will be solid and we looked superior a lot of the time

We had every right of being in that game because of the defense which has been solid ever since McDermott came on board as that is his background he brings. Thats why it is important to have a dominant side of the ball to bail out the other side in situations like this. Its not something to be happy and want every week but its great to know that the defense is that stout. 

12 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

So how about WR 1 Smokey Brown and Beasley in the slot? Not bad for a couple of castoff WR's.

This is why I wasnt to concerned with the Wr position because I saw what Brown brought to the Ravens last year with Flacco I knew he would do the same for Allen. I just wish they went deep with him to see what else he can do because he was roasting Trumaine. As for Beasley he was getting separation which is something the bills had big issues with the last 2 years so I am glad to see these guys get going. 

I think a big possession guy is what they will eventually need to get Zay is 6'2 but it would be beneficial to find that 6'3+ guy you can always count on. 

15 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

This is why I wasnt to concerned with the Wr position because I saw what Brown brought to the Ravens last year with Flacco I knew he would do the same for Allen. I just wish they went deep with him to see what else he can do because he was roasting Trumaine. As for Beasley he was getting separation which is something the bills had big issues with the last 2 years so I am glad to see these guys get going. 

I think a big possession guy is what they will eventually need to get Zay is 6'2 but it would be beneficial to find that 6'3+ guy you can always count on. 

Having those two under 3 year contracts should be huge for Allen.

If yesterday is any indication of his future, Zay Jones is on the outs IMO. He is a solid player but looks like once again he is failing to create separation and become a top tier player.

We outplayed the Jets and if not for the gift wrapped INT pick 6 and some other careless plays the score should've been more around 24-7. 

370 total yards vs 223 total yards

6 yards per play vs 3.4 yards per play

23 first downs vs 17 first downs 

won in both the rushing and passing yardages. 

Josh Allen was 8-10, 103 yards, 1 TD, 1 Rushing TD and 15 rushing yards in the 4th quarter. 

This team can make some noise if the offense becomes more consistent and can put up 20 points a game. 

This defense is legit and has the chance to be the #1 defense in the NFL imo. 1 and 0!!

• Like 2