Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Browns

ttitansfan4life

3 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Are we real confident in Kitchen's ability to coach?  Don't know just asking. 

He’s probably the biggest reason our offense turned on a switch and we started winning after Hue Jackson / Todd Haley got canned.

However, I’ve felt from the beginning this will be a defensive battle.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I'd love for him to have a breakout game Sunday, that foreshadows the season he'll have.

To piggyback on this, since I'm randomly up early, I decided to do a little bit of research. I looked up the first round edge rushers(those listed at DE/OLB on profootballreference) picked in the 2007-2017 drafts who were between the 4-6 sack range in their rookie year and how they fared in their 2nd year. The results are as followed... 

Gaines Adams-6.0 sacks rookie year/6.5 second year

Chris Long-4.0 rookie year/5.0 second year

JPP-4.5 rookie year/16.5 second year

JJ Watt-5.5 rookie year/20.5 second year

Robert Quinn-5.0 rookie year/10.5 second year

Quinton Coples-5.5 rookie year/4.5 second year

Chandler Jones-6.0 rookie year/11.5 second year

Whitney Mercilus-6.0 rookie year/7.0 second year

Barkevious Mingo-5.0 rookie year/2.0 second year

Khalil Mack-4.0 rookie year/15.0 second year

Dante Fowler-4.0 rookie year/8.0 second year

Vic Beasley-4.0 rookie year/15.5 second year

Bud Dupree-4.0 rookie year/4.5 second year

Shane Ray-4.0 rookie year/8.0 second year

DeForest Buckner-6.0 rookie year/3.0 second year

Derek Barnett-5.0 rookie year/2.5 second year

Tak McKinley-6.0 rookie year/7.0 second year

Harold Landry-4.5 rookie year/???? second year

So in conclusion, 13/17 of the players saw an increase in their sack totals, while 6/17 had double digit sacks in their 2nd year. Doesn't guarantee anything with Landry, but certainly looks promising.

Sorry for the long, somewhat random post. Just thought this was interesting to look at.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 3

I'm seeing this as a surprisingly low scoring and kind of uninteresting game. I think the browns d line will have their way with our o line which will throw everything off. But I think baker and his receivers will be out of sync early in the season, I think titans defense will be great and throw a lot at him. Overall just see this as a defensive game where everyones gunna get bored and say both these teams suck. Think Cleveland gets a lucky play or two and wins like 13-9

• Like 1

I see and agree with the hype for Harold Landry and I believe he has a good season, double digit sacks or really close to it. But I'm actually more excited to see what Sharif Finch does this season and in particular Sunday against the Browns. I think he's gonna sneak up on some teams. He's gonna be our third rusher and I think eventually takes over for Wake.

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Like to see this confidence on the field....

He shouldn't be @ing the Titans cause the chances they're gonna be "paying him"(by that I mean market setting type of pay) if Robinson/Vrabel combo sticks around isn't very high.

Davis will probably be the only WR who gets huge money, assuming he continues his improvement. Vrabel has constantly praised him for how well and how much effort he puts in to blocking, how good his routes are even when he's not the #1 option, etc. No way this Patriot-influenced FO puts that much money in to the WR position.