Week 1 GDT: Titans @ Browns

ttitansfan4life

14 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Vrabel said in his press conference that Conklin's issue isn't anything serious and he'd be back tomorrow.

He also Succop was going to be fine... literally nothing Vrabel says means a thing. It could be nothing but just a rest day which is also bull****. Maintenance days given to players in their 4th year... ridiculous.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

He also Succop was going to be fine... literally nothing Vrabel says means a thing. It could be nothing but just a rest day which is also bull****. Maintenance days given to players in their 4th year... ridiculous.

I dunno, it's the approach he took with Corey Davis last year and it worked out pretty well as it related to his hamstring.

18 hours ago, KingTitan said:

Marcus needs time. He operates best, like most QBs, with time. He doesn't spin through his progressions fast consistently. So needs time to look and then get creative moving if it's not there. 

Looking at highlights last year those were his best plays. When he had time to set in the pocket or room to move and improvise. 

When it got tight and had nowhere to move and not enough time to go through progressions, we saw sacks. 

Just looking at some of the PFF stats, they don't exactly agree with that assessment.  They had Mariota as the 3rd best QB in the NFL in 2017 with an 82.7 QB rating when under pressure:

Last year, they had him 4th in the league with a 72.5 % adjusted completion %

Most surprisingly of all, they don't think he's good outside the pocket (which could include some forced scrambling from pressure, but also includes designed rollouts and scrambles):

It's PFF... but still interesting.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Just looking at some of the PFF stats, they don't exactly agree with that assessment.  They had Mariota as the 3rd best QB in the NFL in 2017 with an 82.7 QB rating when under pressure:

Last year, they had him 4th in the league with a 72.5 % adjusted completion %

Most surprisingly of all, they don't think he's good outside the pocket (which could include some forced scrambling from pressure, but also includes designed rollouts and scrambles):

It's PFF... but still interesting.

Good enough. 😁

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Most surprisingly of all, they don't think he's good outside the pocket (which could include some forced scrambling from pressure, but also includes designed rollouts and scrambles)

that doesn't surprise me at all. mariota's never been terribly good when he goes off-schedule. he's not a stellar thrower on the run. because he's athletic people think he's some kind of crazy scrambler but that's never been true, even dating back to his oregon days- the overwhelming majority of his rushing production was on designed runs and not scrambles. he's really not a russell wilson type who is capable of creating in the backfield.

Just my opinion, but I think you guys win if:

1. Jurrell Casey has a field day with Eric Kush at RG for us. Our LG Joel Bitonio is a pro bowler who will attend many more in the future. JC Tretter is solid. However, RG has been a turnstile. That’s your #1 matchup in your favor. I expect Vrabel to exploit it all day.

2. Delanie Walker exploits Christian Kirksey. Joe Schoebert is one of, if not the best pass covering LBs in the NFL. Kirksey is not lol.

3. Derrick Henry gets touches and gets out into the perimeter. Denzel Ward and Greedy are phenomenal cover guys, but I don’t trust their tackling. Henry is my #1 concern, bar none. I’m worried about Tennessee beating us up. I trust Nick Chubb if we need to run, but I’d like it to be a shoot out.

• Like 2

It’s Thursday and I still don’t really know how I feel about this game yet.

I felt great before the Lewan suspension

I still felt fine after it

Whats starting to worry me now is how healthy are we really? Kelly missed Tuesday, Conklin missed yesterday.

Vrabel went softer than normal with a lot of guys this year so will it catch up to us a little bit in the first game?

I agree with which ever Browns fan said who ever D-Line craps the bed the most will lose this game.

Im so fascinated by what our defense will look like Sunday.

Can we pressure Mayfield? How will Casey look? How will Wake look in a new defense? Is Landry ready to make a jump from year one to year two?

Offensively they better have the Guard situation solved because in the preseason it was poor

Mariota has the weapons to be successful this year but can this O-Line give him a chance to find them on Sunday?

For the Titans to win this game Sunday Henry will have to be the Henry we seen to end the season and not the puddle we seen the first half of it 

• Like 1