Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

• 2 weeks later...

If Days Gone was more polished, this is some GotY type 💩. This is an excellent game. Great acting, excellent story, and damn these hordes are downright terrifying. I've yet to try to fight one but randomly running into them is "holy 💩" every time. It's intense! They really, really needed another 5-6 months to fine tune it though. There's so many little things wrong but they don't ruin the overall experience IMO. Having a ton of fun playing it

I am finally getting around to a second Mass Effect: Andromeda playthrough.  I did it the first time on PC, but now doing it on XB1.  Now that some of the items are patched and the facial errors corrected, it's a really good game.  It's such a shame that people will bash things like that and put a franchise on ice.  I certainly agree that some of these items should've been fixed before release, but we are also in an era when you can make those adjustments.  Two decades ago, and there is no chance at fixing a botched release without a new disk/cartridge being made.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I am finally getting around to a second Mass Effect: Andromeda playthrough.  I did it the first time on PC, but now doing it on XB1.  Now that some of the items are patched and the facial errors corrected, it's a really good game.  It's such a shame that people will bash things like that and put a franchise on ice.  I certainly agree that some of these items should've been fixed before release, but we are also in an era when you can make those adjustments.  Two decades ago, and there is no chance at fixing a botched release without a new disk/cartridge being made.  

Yeah, I was pretty ticked off at all the stupid complaints.  It's a good game.  I haven't done a replay yet because I'm bummed that it won't have a sequel. 

Finally picked up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey yesterday, played Origins about a year ago as my first ever AC game. Enjoyed it as a stand-alone story but not a clue what's going on in the present day storyline, will be the same with this one. Watched the first ten hours or so of Odyssey on Twitch when it first came out and was hooked, excited to get stuck in to this. Just been going around Kephallonia last night, getting used to the gameplay by doing a lot of side quest stuff, but I can see me putting loads of hours in to this.

4 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Finally picked up Assassin's Creed: Odyssey yesterday, played Origins about a year ago as my first ever AC game. Enjoyed it as a stand-alone story but not a clue what's going on in the present day storyline, will be the same with this one. Watched the first ten hours or so of Odyssey on Twitch when it first came out and was hooked, excited to get stuck in to this. Just been going around Kephallonia last night, getting used to the gameplay by doing a lot of side quest stuff, but I can see me putting loads of hours in to this.

The present day storyline is and always has been an abomination. 

@Tyty

Edited by skywindO2
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

@Tyty

Agree to an extent. I liked Desmond and it was relatively necessary to keep the plot as it was so it wasn’t just an actual historical game. But yeah the present day stuff kinda sucks, especially recently with that snooty woman 

2 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

@Tyty

Yeah I tried to pay attention to it in Origins but realized pretty quickly that I didn't care. So going in to this one thinking I don't care from the start, change my mind Odyssey I dare you.

18 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I couldnt even finish the game. That or Inquesition.

6 hours ago, showtime said:

If anyone has a Xbox (not sure about PS4 or PC), The Division 2 is currently $2.99 right now. That's a 95% off discount.

Either they're desperate to increase the playerbase or about to go F2P.