Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

9 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Skipped it and cried 

Crazy how you can skip it but damn, that was one of the more intense fights of any game I've played. You can get a great head start if you approach where they're napping with the Nero tents on the right to you and climb the top of that building in front by the wood plank yard. Launch an attractor bomb to get their attention and they start flooding the area below falling out of the building to the ground. Just start launching napalm at em when this happens. They'll eventually climb up to you but if you've set prox mines around the base of the building, it'll give you more time..... This is of course if you plan on revisiting it lol. 

Edited by JTagg7754
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Crazy how you can skip it but damn, that was one of the more intense fights of any game I've played. You can get a great head start if you approach where they're napping with the Nero tents on the right to you and climb the top of that building in front by the wood plank yard. Launch an attractor bomb to get their attention and they start flooding the area below falling out of the building to the ground. Just start launching napalm at em when this happens. They'll eventually climb up to you but if you've set prox mines around the base of the building, it'll give you more time..... This is of course if you plan on revisiting it lol. 

Never again for the rest of my life

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Last of Us 2 leaks...xD

I haven't looked and hope I won't run into them but it was inevitable that it would happen, when you have a game that's finished and has been delayed for reasons that have nothing to do with development falling behind it's going to happen.

4 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I haven't looked and hope I won't run into them but it was inevitable that it would happen, when you have a game that's finished and has been delayed for reasons that have nothing to do with development falling behind it's going to happen.

I never planned on buying it since its not really my thing, but the leaks are embarrassing.  Im not going to ruin it for anyone, but most fans of the first one Ive seen who read the leaks said they cancelled their preorders or they will never buy it.

All I'll say is I dont know why companies do this.  Doesnt work in comics, doesnt work in movies and it sure as hell doesnt work in videogames.

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I never planned on buying it since its not really my thing, but the leaks are embarrassing.  Im not going to ruin it for anyone, but most fans of the first one Ive seen who read the leaks said they cancelled their preorders or they will never buy it.

All I'll say is I dont know why companies do this.  Doesnt work in comics, doesnt work in movies and it sure as hell doesnt work in videogames.

Isn't the game going full on SJW?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Isn't the game going full on SJW?

Huh?

I'd ask but I assume it involves spoilers, either way major story beats without context generally need ya know context so don't judge the game for whatever it's doing yet lol. 

Im guessing the aspect you are referring too is an aspect already unveiled in one of the previous DLC's. I read the leaks, and nothing about them are anything "SJW" related. Most people aren't upset about that (other than purity chuds), its what happens in the plot climax. People either hate the plot climax, or knowing what happens ruins their enjoyment of the story experience. 

But I guess in certain chuddite circle jerks, they still focus on the other thing. 

Edited by animaltested
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, animaltested said:

Im guessing the aspect you are referring too is an aspect already unveiled in one of the previous DLC's. I read the leaks, and nothing about them are anything "SJW" related. Most people aren't upset about that (other than purity chuds), its what happens in the plot climax. People either hate the plot climax, or knowing what happens ruins their enjoyment of the story experience. 

But I guess in certain chuddite circle jerks, they still focus on the other thing. 

None of them are SJW related?  Really?   Either we are talking about different things, or youre delusional.

And no, its not just the climax, its the entire plot and the obvious sanctimonious preachy garbage that alot of the entertainment industry likes to push and fails miserably when they do.

Newsflash....normal people dont feel like having agendas and world views forced on them when they are trying to be entertained.  Its one thing when they are subtle, but nowadays it takes precedence over the stories, and we see it in games, movies, comics, etc...and always fails.

If people play it and like it, power to em.  I wouldnt buy the game regardless.  But the negative reactions Im seeing are by normal fans who want a good story that adds more to the first game....not a clear attempt at pushing ones views.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

47 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

So you believe most people like having world views forced upon them when playing a videogame?

k bro.

Who is forcing anything? 

If you don't see why referring to cis hetero people as "normal" is a problem, it really isn't worth discussing. Same as saying white people are "normal".

So you believe most people like having world views forced upon them when playing a videogame?

k bro.

Lol how is it forcing a world view? There shouldn't even be a "view". It just is. This was setup is a great DLC by the Last of Us and is certainly not just a thrown in plot point.