Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

20 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

It will be more cost effective for Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo not to mention all the game developers just to put everything through the network is what I am saying. Why spend X amount of dollars for a CD case, for the CD, the money to lamenate the graphics on there, to put an instruction manual in there as well when you can just upload easily to the network and have it ready to go in record time instead of waiting 3 to 6 months to have millions of copies produced?

5G could be revolutionary to communications with it's capabilities and Verizon, ATT and other telecommunication companies are trying their best to have the most line's in America to have an edge on everyone.

What year are you living in?

Just now, MikeT14 said:

I'm honestly shocked Playstation/developers don't give incentives people to buy digital more. Like if games are $59.99 regularly, sell the digital for $53.99. Amazon and Wal-Mart make it tough with the $10 credits too. 

Yeah, exactly.  It would make a modicum of sense if people were getting a discount on digital downloads, but they're not.  Paying the exact same amount of money for zero resale value whatsoever.  Considering very few people replay games more than once anyway, I really can't even... I can't even fathom who in their right mind would buy digital copies of games. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, exactly.  It would make a modicum of sense if people were getting a discount on digital downloads, but they're not.  Paying the exact same amount of money for zero resale value whatsoever.  Considering very few people replay games more than once anyway, I really can't even... I can't even fathom who in their right mind would buy digital copies of games. 

Did you ever get any new games or systems? 

Im no gamer like you guys. I randomly play very few. So dont follow gaming news and such. But saw theres a new Far Cry coming out. Is that a completely new game? Cause it looks to be 40 bucks on opening day. Did they have like 2 teams working games on the same engine so they could crank them out yearly? 1 year later and theyre pushing out another thats not called 6, seems awfully fast for a game.

34 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I bought a new Wii, Wii U, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360, PSVR, PS3 and I've purchased quite a few new games, though I try to buy used.  I'm not really sure why you ask.

Just asking cause you had that thread where you asked for games to get and I didn't see you update it, that's all

23 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Just asking cause you had that thread where you asked for games to get and I didn't see you update it, that's all

Ohhhhhhh, nope, not yet.  I thought I was gonna have more time, but I've had less than I had before I thought I'd have more time.

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Yeah, there will always be a place for physical games just like there are still physical movies.  I really think people who download only are kinda really not kinda but really dumb.  No offense, but that makes zero sense.  You lose all value in your purchase in a download.  The second video games go completely digital is the second I stop playing video games. 

You're never going to get back what you put in with either physical or digital, your options to re-sell a game are at best for like 25% of what you spent (if that) or hold onto that one disc forever plus you will only ever get that one copy. Once it's gone, it's gone.

With a digital copy, say for whatever reason your data storage on your console goes poof. You can just re-download vs. if a disc gets cracked, RIP. 

Upsides and downsides to both, but with the way gaming is going expect digital to the main method of game sales going forward (It's already accounting for like 40-50% of console+PC sales depending on the figures you look at)

49 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

You're never going to get back what you put in with either physical or digital, your options to re-sell a game are at best for like 25% of what you spent (if that) or hold onto that one disc forever plus you will only ever get that one copy. Once it's gone, it's gone.

With a digital copy, say for whatever reason your data storage on your console goes poof. You can just re-download vs. if a disc gets cracked, RIP. 

Upsides and downsides to both, but with the way gaming is going expect digital to the main method of game sales going forward (It's already accounting for like 40-50% of console+PC sales depending on the figures you look at)

Lol, really?  Because I sold Mass Effect for 40 dollars after spending 55 on it, I sold Conker's Bad Fur Day for literally 90 dollars more than I spent on it, I spent 10 dollars on Mario Party 1-3 and they're selling for a minimum of 50 online everywhere and I've frequently re-sold next gen games for 10-20 back to Gamestop.  How much profit have you ever gotten from a digital copy?

It's extremely simple math:

Digital = 0% return.

Physical = more than zero.  

If you care for your items the way a child does, yeah, you've got to worry about broken disks.  I have owned literally thousands of disks in my life and I have broken MAYBE one.  

51 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

You're never going to get back what you put in with either physical or digital, your options to re-sell a game are at best for like 25% of what you spent (if that)

Thats not even close. I got 37 on RDR2. Put it on Just Cause 4, which made that 14 bucks. And then traded in for 35 and got a used AC Odyssey and a couple games for the kids.

So far its been a very productive 74 bucks Ive spent. Which I can still pull in 24 or so on Odyssey atm.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Lol, really?  Because I sold Mass Effect for 40 dollars after spending 55 on it, I sold Conker's Bad Fur Day for literally 90 dollars more than I spent on it, I spent 10 dollars on Mario Party 1-3 and they're selling for a minimum of 50 online everywhere and I've frequently re-sold next gen games for 10-20 back to Gamestop.  How much profit have you ever gotten from a digital copy?

It's extremely simple math:

Digital = 0% return.

Physical = more than zero.  

If you care for your items the way a child does, yeah, you've got to worry about broken disks.  I have owned literally thousands of disks in my life and I have broken MAYBE one.  

I'm guessing you flipped those games back within a year, whereas most people wait 2-3 years before. 

How much profit have I gotten from a digital copy of a game? That's a whole can of worms if we talk about lootboxes, items,skins that you can re-sell etc etc. You can potentially make 100x back what you invested in certain games for certain items (PUBG, CS:GO, insert other game with sellable items) 

Yeah and? Disks still break/eventually wear down.

There are upsides to both and downsides to both mate. 

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Thats not even close. I got 37 on RDR2. Put it on Just Cause 4, which made that 14 bucks. And then traded in for 35 and got a used AC Odyssey and a couple games for the kids.

So far its been a very productive 74 bucks Ive spent. Which I can still pull in 24 or so on Odyssey atm.

Congrats, you still lose money either way.

If I buy older, used games, you can usually flip them for 75-80% of what you paid.

In fact, I bought Final Fantasy X/X-2 for like $20 new and sold it for $16 when I was done. Decent to me. 

Edit: FF #

Edited by MikeT14
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

The Madden-bowl players look exactly like the jerks I imagined they'd be. 

Teenagers exploiting as many glitches in a game as possible in order to win money. The Madden competitive scene is just literally cancer, and always has been.

Also, one of you played TF2 with me last night but now I have to figure out who the hell it was. @Seventh Woods come out and play!