Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

17 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Define "shady"?  How is requiring someone to connect to the internet once every 24 hours, and making that fact well-known prior to the launch of the Xbox, shady?  

I get the frustration from those who don't have access to the internet.  But there is nothing shady about it.  If you don't have internet, then it isn't like Microsoft withheld information and you could just as easily get a Playstation.  And if you do have internet, then what is the problem?  

Its shady because its absolutely unnecessary and there is no real reason why they need to do it, and have never given a legit reason why.    Why the hell would you need someone to connect to the internet to play freaking single player games they purchased?    If you dont want to call it shady, fine, but its at the very least, fishy.

And I completely agree that people could go get a PS4 instead, which is part of the reason why the PS4 has destroyed the XB1 in sales.    Doesnt mean its not a shady practice, though.  

Just watched a video that there's been chatter on Reddit and 4Chan (do I need to tell you to take it w/  a grain of salt??) that there's going to be a massive unveiling of FF7 Remake in April w/ plans to release the game late next year. It's been SO long since we've gotten anything regarding the remake of this masterpiece so I'm definitely hoping this is true.

Video can be watched here for those that are interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS2z3H0DJ2I

I'm disappointed it will be 3 installments, if true. I hope SE isn't trying to grab as much money as they can from this and that's their reason why. They damn well know that all FF fans will buy all three installments unless the first completely bombs which would be very, very, very hard to do. I will get all day 1 releases if that's the case. Just glad this thing seems to be picking up some steam.

2 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Just watched a video that there's been chatter on Reddit and 4Chan (do I need to tell you to take it w/  a grain of salt??) that there's going to be a massive unveiling of FF7 Remake in April w/ plans to release the game late next year. It's been SO long since we've gotten anything regarding the remake of this masterpiece so I'm definitely hoping this is true.

I'm disappointed it will be 3 installments, if true. I hope SE isn't trying to grab as much money as they can from this and that's their reason why. They damn well know that all FF fans will buy all three installments unless the first completely bombs which would be very, very, very hard to do. I will get all day 1 releases if that's the case. Just glad this thing seems to be picking up some steam.

Sounds like its largely a rumor....but IMO, SquareEnix needs to put something out about it soon, just to show progress.   I have no idea why they even revealed the game so long ago knowing it was going to be so far off.    The shouldve waited until it was within 2 years of the first installment.     

I want to be excited for it, but I'm not holding my breath to see if this is true or not.     Either way, they need to show some form of progress no later than E3.   

7 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

Bullsnark.

The Director for the remake (Testsu nomura) aka the guy who just wrapped KH3 production, is going to be busy working on DLC for that for the next 12 months. 2020 is out of the question IMO. 2022/whenever the next gen of consoles gets here is more likely.

I don't doubt SE will unveil that as their next big project with KH3 released, but they'll save that for E3. 

On 2/4/2019 at 10:13 PM, iknowcool said:

The whole "need Internet" to play thing was always overblown to me IMO.  What % of people are using a gaming console in 2019 (or even in 2014 or whenever the X1 dropped) without an internet connection for 24 hours?

IIRC 30% of all purchases of an XBONE never connect to Xbox Live.

27 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

IIRC 30% of all purchases of an XBONE never connect to Xbox Live.

Yeah but you don’t need Xbox Live to connect to the Internet, right?  I’d reckon most of that 30% can still connect and probably do to use things like Netflix and Hulu.  I know a lot of people who use it for that reason.  

Edited by iknowcool

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Yeah but you don’t need Xbox Live to connect to the Internet, right?  I’d reckon most of that 30% can still connect and probably do to use things like Netflix and Hulu.  I know a lot of people who use it for that reason.  

No you have to connect to xbox live when you go online on an Xbox, it means they've never gone online with it.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 7:14 PM, KManX89 said:

I'm 100% physical, too. These digital-only people want to open the door for this: 

aa6KV29.png

and this:

I also like actually OWNING my games. And being able to resell/trade them if I see fit.

lol@this propaganda