Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

What's that Star game by the Fallout people?  Does anyone think that will be a surprise release with PS5? 

Starfield. 

Or, how likely is it for a big surprise RPG game to be released in the next 6 months?  I don't really do the video game news thing so I don't really know, but it seems like major releases are announced only like 6 months before they're released.

Basically, I just really need another big RPG game. 

I'm thinking about giving Dragon Age: Inquisition a shot.  What always held me back was not knowing anything about the first two, but that was true with Witcher 3 and it's my favorite game ever.

I just need a Mass Effect type game so bad right now.  I'll need it even more once I get my hernia repaired and will have two straight days at least where all I can do is sit and hurt. 

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

What's that Star game by the Fallout people?  Does anyone think that will be a surprise release with PS5? 

Starfield. 

Or, how likely is it for a big surprise RPG game to be released in the next 6 months?  I don't really do the video game news thing so I don't really know, but it seems like major releases are announced only like 6 months before they're released.

I'm thinking about giving Dragon Age: Inquisition a shot.  What always held me back was not knowing anything about the first two, but that was true with Witcher 3 and it's my favorite game ever.

I just need a Mass Effect type game so bad right now.  I'll need it even more once I get my hernia repaired and will have two straight days at least where all I can do is sit and hurt. 

You don't need the previous ones. 

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Starfield. 

If I had to guess Starfield could come out in 2020 given Bethesda's desire to push out games and it's been 5 years since FO4, they need a big new game soon after the bad PR hits they've taken since 76.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

The Xbox series X actual physical unit has leaked, pre production unit so not 100% final but this is the retail unit for the most part. 

EO2iuHQX4AAT4Cp?format=jpg&name=large

ApplicationFrameHost_2020-01-21_21-08-32

https://www.thurrott.com/games/xbox/228561/xbox-series-x-hardware-shows-up-early

They should’ve implemented a PS5 logo somewhere on it so it would sell better 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Save you're money and just buy the first two. Especially Origins, it is a superior game to all 3 with a superior story. 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 10:28 AM, Outpost31 said:

Starfield. 

Inquisition is really good.  I do agree with @Calvert28 that Origins is superior, and you can get the ultimate edition pretty cheap, but Inquisition is still very fun and you dont NEED to play the others to know whats going on....you just wont know the significance of the Grey Wardens, the Blight, or some of the cameos....but the main quest is only loosely connected to past games.

This is random and I could probably look it up.

but is it true that the profit margin on consoles is relatively slim, and they’re mostly just “giving” you the console to get a regular costumer for their games and subscriptions?

how much are companies really making on their consoles?

17 minutes ago, Dome said:

but is it true that the profit margin on consoles is relatively slim, and they’re mostly just “giving” you the console to get a regular costumer for their games and subscriptions?

I’ve heard the ps5 will essentially be sold at a loss because they’ll make all their money back based on content. Have to make it affordable to even get their foot in the door

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dome said:

It varies from company to company, console to console etc.

The Switch for instance is sold at a profit. 

https://www.ps4playstation4.com/sonys-profit-on-PS4 if accurate the profit margin for the PS4 is slim.

But generally yes the profit margin on the console if it has one is barely there. 

• Like 1

Guessing nobody else has been, but the new DLC [Mandate of Heaven] for Total War: Three Kingdoms is pretty great. I have sunk a ton of hours into the newish content that last week or so.

My latest game with Lui Bei is bananas. With his Confederate mechanic its easy to gobble up Legendary Characters; therefore Lui Bei Pokémon games are dope. The early game was hair raising as once the Yellow Turban Rebellion popped, the brothers had tunnel vision on the poor shoemaker. I had to abandon my capital, and exodus up north. Was able to build up a solid base while running a deficit, with a battered army (Constantly engaging full stacks of rebels). Held out long enough for the Han Empire to turn the tide in the Mandate War. Once the north was stabilized, I was able to expand through wiping out the bandit king, and neutering the tyrant Dong [And stole his wife]. Since Big Daddy Dong was crippled, he never was able to trigger the abduction of the puppet emperor, so the Han Empire endured. Kept up good relations with the Emperor, and slowly began confederating weak factions; all while collecting legendary lords. Once my powerbase was secure, I left the Empire, and DOW on the empty emperor. 

While gobbling up the smoldering ruins of the Han Empire, I confederated a southern warlord (who had a ton of commandries), and gifted a bunch of provinces to Sun Ce. Sun was so grateful to Lui Bei, he welcomed confederation. Now, the Sun's are usually the big boss once the 3K era is triggered (along with Cao Cao). This triggered the 3K period early, leaving two very weak claimants for Lui Bei to take out. Cao Cao isn't even an important player after getting hemmed in by the Sun family.

I currently own solid commandry base in all four parts of the map. Slowly pushing the remnants of the Yellow Turbans Southwest, and preparing to strike the Kingdom of Chen in the heart of China. 

A. Why is there not a Witcher 3 thread 

B. I’m talking about the Witcher 3 in here since there’s not a Witcher 3 thread

C. I did a contract for this dude to kill a dragon and the dragon ended up being something less than a dragon so after I killed it the dude said hey since it was less than a dragon I will give you less money now which is a fair point but I still went around and killed every cat, chicken, pigeon, sheep, and swan in the village and also two guards so maybe next time that SON OF a ***** (picture the asterisks are in all caps) will give me every dollar I deserve. 

16 minutes ago, Tyty said:

A. Why is there not a Witcher 3 thread 

B. I’m talking about the Witcher 3 in here since there’s not a Witcher 3 thread

C. I did a contract for this dude to kill a dragon and the dragon ended up being something less than a dragon so after I killed it the dude said hey since it was less than a dragon I will give you less money now which is a fair point but I still went around and killed every cat, chicken, pigeon, sheep, and swan in the village and also two guards so maybe next time that SON OF a ***** (picture the asterisks are in all caps) will give me every dollar I deserve. 

There's a witcher thread go there.

Also you bankrupted the village my man and killed the sheriff.