Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

2 hours ago, MathMan said:

has anyone bought kingdom come?

how do you like it?

is it anything like skyrim?

Couple of posts above you relate to the game. It's a solid game. It does have some Skyrim qualities to it, but is also quite different. Plenty of bugs. Honestly, if you are interested, I would wait till a) price drop and b) bug fixes. But all in all not a bad game.

• Like 1

Welp, went ahead and beat Uncharted 4 rather quickly and again, it leaves me wanting more. Great game but just so damn short. As a result, I just made my Fallout 4 purchase to give me many hours of entertainment. Really wanted to get Until Dawn but maybe after this one if Days Gone and Death Stranding aren't out yet

36 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Couple of posts above you relate to the game. It's a solid game. It does have some Skyrim qualities to it, but is also quite different. Plenty of bugs. Honestly, if you are interested, I would wait till a) price drop and b) bug fixes. But all in all not a bad game.

@MathMan I'd probably recommend waiting a little for some of the bugs to be worked out. It seems like the company who makes the game is very quick to address the issues though so I don't think it will be too long. Outside of the bugs I'd really recommend it. The combat is tricky and really makes you think and challenges you and you can't just charge into a group of five guys and walk out unscathed. The game feels about as realistic you can make it while still being entertaining. In my opinion, if you like RPGs you will like this game. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I just made my Fallout 4 purchase to give me many hours of entertainment. 

RIP. I thought I'd do another quick playthrough because I hadn't touched it in a while, and spent a good 200 hours. I must have put close to 1000 hours into that game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

RIP. I thought I'd do another quick playthrough because I hadn't touched it in a while, and spent a good 200 hours. I must have put close to 1000 hours into that game

My lord. So what you're saying is it'll be 2019 by the time I'm done lol. I'm a weekend warrior and never play during the week so I guess I got a long road ahead of me.

I feel like I made a mistake with Fallout. No X axis invert, game controls make no sense, can't find a way to heal the dog, ability to get to the map is unnecessary, way too much going on. I've been playing for 2.5 hours and so l get there's going to be an adjustment period but I can't gather all this. Honestly, I can't tolerate it at this point as barely anything has told me how to access everything. Feel like I've googled more than played the game. Hope to make it past this but I might have to return the game which makes me sad

57 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I feel like I made a mistake with Fallout. No X axis invert, game controls make no sense, can't find a way to heal the dog, ability to get to the map is unnecessary, way too much going on. I've been playing for 2.5 hours and so l get there's going to be an adjustment period but I can't gather all this. Honestly, I can't tolerate it at this point as barely anything has told me how to access everything. Feel like I've googled more than played the game. Hope to make it past this but I might have to return the game which makes me sad

I felt the exact same way the first time I picked it up, about a year ago.  I only played 3-4 hours and gave up.  I feel like I suffered because I hadn't played Fallout 3 or New Vegas, and that I was missing a base of understanding about the gameplay. I may try and pick it up again if I can get the help of a friend as I play. 

9 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

What do you have questions about? 

Also is x-axis invert actually a thing? Why? I have never heard of that.

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

It definitely is, but I always thought that'd be weird.

I actually wonder what makes most people play inverted. My cousin and I play Y-axis inverted because when we were playing Halo, the default controls were inverted for some reason. We couldn't find the options because we were like 10 so we just learned inverted lol.

5 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

What do you have questions about? 

I can't figure out how to heal the dog, granted I was drinking so that may have factored it lol. Building things is difficult as well and I don't understand. I never had a tutorial and just started building crap after I found Codsworth again. 

I'mgoing to give it another whirl obviously but yeah, it was frustrating. 

I can't remember what game got me into X axis inversion but I've done it every time since. That honestly might be the most frustrating and everything kinda built off of that. FFXV, Witcher 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn all have the ability to invert so it's literally all I've ever used. It's going to take a while to get used to it. 

5 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I can't figure out how to heal the dog, granted I was drinking so that may have factored it lol. Building things is difficult as well and I don't understand. I never had a tutorial and just started building crap after I found Codsworth again. 

I'mgoing to give it another whirl obviously but yeah, it was frustrating. 

I can't remember what game got me into X axis inversion but I've done it every time since. That honestly might be the most frustrating and everything kinda built off of that. FFXV, Witcher 3, Horizon: Zero Dawn all have the ability to invert so it's literally all I've ever used. It's going to take a while to get used to it. 

The building does take a little while to master, but it is super addicting once you do. Sturges will give you a mini-quest that introduces you to building too. 

I haven't played non-survival mode in years, but I think in normal modes you don't need to heal your companion, they will just automatically heal after a bit. In survival mode you just go up to them and it'll give you a prompt to use a stimpack.