Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

11 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Pick up anything and everything in this game.  Literally.  Every time you go to a settlement, pick the option that says store all junk once you go transfer stuff to your workbench. 

The empty slots you're talking about are your favorites.  I like to keep stimpacks and Radaway in the bottom two slots, a knife, a silenced pistol and a non-silenced pistol to the left, long range weapons up top and shotguns/assault rifles to the right. 

Desk fans.  Pick up desk fans.  Those are the most underrated junk items in the game.  They give you I think gears, screws and one other thing that I always run out of when building settlements. 

As far as what stuff to sell, never sell the stuff in your junk section.  It's rarely worth much money, and you're going to need it to build settlements. 

Building up settlements is ten times better for money than selling anything.  I'm at 630,000 bottle caps now.  That's without using a single cheat, glitch or mod.  I want to be done with this game, but I have to keep playing until I hit 1 million bottle caps. 

I have to. 

Thank you for the knowledge about storing junk. I was unaware that could be done.

How do you have the ability to store so many favorites? I only see four slots and you just listed more assuming Radaway (maybe like stimpacks??) and then pistols in one and long range in the others. I'll have to mess around w/ it b/c, again, no tutorials from what I remember. Hell, I don't even know if I'm where I'm supposed to be at this point. After getting out of Vault 111 and meeting Codsworth again, I just started running around w/ very little direction.

Good info on not to sell junk. I haven't gotten to that point yet b/c right now i just entered a building w/ some mannequins and a few bad guys and that's where I left off after killing them. Now I'm trying to find bobby pins to unlock stuff which I can never find. There was a gun in the vault that I wanted but couldn't find any pins.

Thanks again for the info.

11 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

If you go into your inventory you can assign "favorites" which put them in your quick-access menu. Weapons, grenades, stimpacks, food, water, etc. 

Pick up everything and bring it back to your settlements. Once you start modifying weapons/armor and building up settlements you will need those components. Stuff that has gears, screws, adhesive, copper and glass are generally what I prioritize. 

Once you start building things you should get tips that pop up that help explain how things work. Also, make sure you have enough Charisma to get the Local Leader perk. Crucial. 

You can modify your weapons in this game? Interesting. Good to know to save everything for reasons like that. I assumed it was all for building settlement stuff.

Thanks for the Local Leader info. Still learning about that stuff as well.

1 hour ago, JTagg7754 said:

Thank you for the knowledge about storing junk. I was unaware that could be done.

How do you have the ability to store so many favorites? I only see four slots and you just listed more assuming Radaway (maybe like stimpacks??) and then pistols in one and long range in the others. I'll have to mess around w/ it b/c, again, no tutorials from what I remember. Hell, I don't even know if I'm where I'm supposed to be at this point. After getting out of Vault 111 and meeting Codsworth again, I just started running around w/ very little direction.

Good info on not to sell junk. I haven't gotten to that point yet b/c right now i just entered a building w/ some mannequins and a few bad guys and that's where I left off after killing them. Now I'm trying to find bobby pins to unlock stuff which I can never find. There was a gun in the vault that I wanted but couldn't find any pins.

Thanks again for the info.

That gun in the vault is intended for you to come back and get later BTW. You're not supposed to get it then.

Just now, JTagg7754 said:

I spent so much damn time looking for bobby pins lol. Probably 10-15 minutes.

Lol, nice. Your lockpick skill would be way too low even if you found some. 

IDK if it's patched but used to be able to go back with dogmeat and ask him to search the area and he just pulls out right out bypassing the lock.

These days on my new players on PC I legit just use a console command to unlock it so I don't have to be bothered to come back for it lol. I have a massive issue leaving stuff behind.

I still haven't even finished the game, I can't stop starting over.

2 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Lol, nice. Your lockpick skill would be way too low even if you found some. 

IDK if it's patched but used to be able to go back with dogmeat and ask him to search the area and he just pulls out right out bypassing the lock.

These days on my new players on PC I legit just use a console command to unlock it so I don't have to be bothered to come back for it lol. I have a massive issue leaving stuff behind.

I still haven't even finished the game, I can't stop starting over.

Yeah, it definitely seems like I'm going to have a lot to learn about this game. I'm going to continue to play it and just hope I don't continue to get as frustrated as I was the other night. Once I retrain my brain to not use inverted X axis, I'm sure it'll get better.

Three things has always stopped from playing Stardew Valley/

1. I sort of took an elitist attitude with it lol, I was playing Rune Factory 4 when it came out and I was like "meh". Not really a real reason though to be honest.
  2. There was talk of co-op for the longest time and my friend and I are always looking for co-op so I didn't want to play it too much.
  3. But the biggest reason was that damn "first quest". It was SO damn annoying trying to find all of the townspeople to greet them lol. 

I finally greeted them all and I might not play another game for a while...

• Like 2

Last couple nights I've been playing Papers, Please again. It seems especially relevant now and that's as much as I'll say on that. Definitely in that "everyone needs to try this game at least once" category for me.

Orbistan above all.

Edited by skywindO2

On 2/26/2018 at 4:21 AM, HighHopes said:

Ok, I vow to get into Stardew Valley. I need a game I can half pay attention to while I watch stuff and I think Stardew would fit that? Someone correct me if Im wrong.

You kiiiiinda have to pay attention. If you're doing stuff in the game it isn't really afk at all. And if you don't pay attention you could pass out after the day cycle and start a day with half health or 1000 moneys docked

8 minutes ago, Tyty said:

You kiiiiinda have to pay attention. If you're doing stuff in the game it isn't really afk at all. And if you don't pay attention you could pass out after the day cycle and start a day with half health or 1000 moneys docked

I'm not going AFK, just watching other things. Since the actual things you do in game aren't hard. It's just about checking my autopilot lol.